7 Essential SEO techniques
1) Title Tag - When we're talking about SEO Technique, the Title tag is one of the best and most powerful tags that you can use. Every page should have it's own title tag, each tag should include the keyword that you are targeting, along with sub-keywords associated with the main keyword that you seek to drive traffic from.
2) ALT Tags - These tags are most often ignored completely. Who would have thought that tags, that were meant to be for text browsers because the images didn't show in text browsers, would become part of a technique to raise the keyword density of a webpage. Your main keywords need to be included in some ALT tags- be careful, over-doing this could cause you to be banned and your PR could drop.
3) Link Popularity - Link popularity is the most powerful SEO tool, (arguably, of course). Typically a website must have a link to it, in order to be looked at by the spiders. This means that you should have at least 1-2 links going into your site from another website that has been visited by the spiders through search engines. Increasing Page Rank, depends on the number and quality of the sites that link into yours. Keywords should be in the links, along with sub-keywords. Keep the links short; this creates an easily readable keyword term for the search engines to recognize.
4) Keyword Density - Research first - Then decide on the keywords that you want to target. Don't over do it- you should use the keywords only once in the title tag, once in the heading tag, once in bold text, and then shoot for the density to be between 5% to 20% . Keywords should also be strategically located throughout your website. Place them in all locations. Several search engines will recognize bottom of the page or sidebar text/links and discount them, this is because many website designers will load certain sections with clutter.
5) Page Size - Try your best to keep your web page over 5k and under 15k in size. I just designed one that is close to 53k, this is mostly because of pictures and a flash file being used, rule of thumb?. Look at Yahoo! And Google, These are some of the fastest loading pages, and most popular, people don't like to wait - even if you have "cool" graphics and pictures. Your web page's speed is important: robots will be able to spider your web page faster and easier.
6) Theme Rich in content - Search engines are looking at themes rather than just the words or pictures. Content is King - I know, you hear it a lot, but it's true! Webpages should have content that's related to the targeted market. Link your visitors to other valuable and related content within your own site. The more pages the better. A good tool that I have found to show you linking info is: http://www.UpTimeBot.com You can preload upto 20 pages and then refersh them, it shows all the vital information, along with how many pages are indexed from each search engine.
7) Cross Linking within your Own Site - You rely on other pages linking into yours - in order to get indexed; the same is true for all the pages within your site. Any new content should be easily reachable through 1-3 pages of content. Linking back to your main home page, or a storefront will help you get indexed faster and achieve a higher Page Rank.
SEO in 2020: What Basics You Need to Know to Be Successful Search Engine Journal
5 Ways SEO & Web Design Go Together Search Engine Journal
SEO Strategy Guide: Beat Your Competition in 2020 Search Engine Journal
Optimizing the Optimizers: New Tools for SEO Success MarTech Series
Bridging SEO and web development: How to get developers on your side Search Engine Land
Ryan Jones on Ranking Factor Nonsense, Machine Learning & SEO, Why You Should Build Websites & More [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Ryan Jones on Ranking Factor Nonsense, Machine Learning & SEO, Why You Should Build Websites & More [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
SEO in 2020: What Role Do Keywords Play? Search Engine Journal
Topic Clusters: Maximize Your Content's SEO Performance Business 2 Community
8 Ways to Become a Great SEO Consultant Search Engine Journal
Yelp SEO: How to Optimize Your Listings & Rank Higher Search Engine Journal
9 Big Trends to Watch For in the SEO Industry for 2020 The Daily Campus
SEO Reports: Which Metrics Matter & How to Use Them Well Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? Quick Guide to Search Engine Optimization Business 2 Community
Video: Josef Sperzel talks technical SEO and using Python to pull data Search Engine Land
Video: Search pioneer Mike Grehan on everything from the early days of SEO to AI’s role in paid and organic search - Search Engine Land
Video: Search pioneer Mike Grehan on everything from the early days of SEO to AI’s role in paid and organic search Search Engine Land
Google Explains How to Use Headings for SEO Search Engine Journal
6 Features Every SEO Platform Should Incorporate Search Engine Journal
SEO year in review 2019: Zero-click searches, BERT, local spam and more Search Engine Land
At enterprise companies, SEOs cannot ‘do’ most of the SEO (An article to forward to non-SEO teams in your company) - Search Engine Land
At enterprise companies, SEOs cannot ‘do’ most of the SEO (An article to forward to non-SEO teams in your company) Search Engine Land
Travel SEO: Competing in Organic Search in 2020 & Beyond Search Engine Journal
SEO Penalties: The 6 Ways Your SEO Strategies Aren't Helping You Business 2 Community
Google’s Mueller Answers How to SEO a Podcast Site Search Engine Journal
SEO 2020 – Zero Clicks, Long Tails, Featured Snippets, and Six Tips O'Dwyer's PR News
Tony Wright on the Danger of Absolutes in Marketing, Answering SEO Questions & More [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Tony Wright on the Danger of Absolutes in Marketing, Answering SEO Questions & More [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
The Good Old SEO Days: Sergey Brin With Heather Lloyd-Martin & Detlef Johnson At The Google Dance - Search Engine Roundtable
The Good Old SEO Days: Sergey Brin With Heather Lloyd-Martin & Detlef Johnson At The Google Dance Search Engine Roundtable
4 Advanced Ways to Use Chrome DevTools for Technical SEO Audits Search Engine Journal
Blending a Strategic SEO & PPC Strategy for Great Results Business 2 Community
Vlog #38: Josef Sperzel On Using Python For SEO Gains & Technical SEO Search Engine Roundtable
E-A-T & YMYL: How to Boost Your On-Page SEO Search Engine Journal
A Quick Guide to Creating an Audio SEO-Friendly Podcast Business 2 Community
Conductor launches SEO services marketplace for Searchlight users Search Engine Land
A Complete SEO Checklist: 21-Point List Explained Business 2 Community
Case study: The true value of informational content for e-commerce SEO Search Engine Land
JumpFly SEO Director to Speak at SMX West 2020 JumpFly PPC Advertising News
Pro Tip: A look back at some helpful tips from our SEO community in 2019 Search Engine Land
A New Twist In SEO Business 2 Community
An Introduction to Python for SEO Pros Using Spreadsheets Search Engine Journal
How to make data driven SEO decisions Business MattersBusiness Matters
Avoid These Big SEO Content Mistakes on E-Commerce Sites Business 2 Community
SEO Cost: Top 4 Pricing Models for SEO Services Business 2 Community
How I Had a Baby & Started an SEO Agency at the Same Time Search Engine Journal
Legal Marketing and SEO Trends for 2020 Part 2 The National Law Review
How Ziff Davis used paid search and SEO to increase its affiliate business over the holidays - Digiday
How Ziff Davis used paid search and SEO to increase its affiliate business over the holidays Digiday
Reasons Why You Should Prioritize On Local SEO News Anyway
Understanding the Role of a Technical SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
SEO Connect to Host Groundbreaking 'More Bookings Direct' Conference in London on February 25th - PRUnderground
SEO Connect to Host Groundbreaking 'More Bookings Direct' Conference in London on February 25th PRUnderground
Impact Of Voice Search On SEO Promotion World
16 Must-Have Tools for Off-Page SEO and Link Building Business 2 Community
8 of the Best Digital Marketing Tools to Leverage in 2020 Business 2 Community
Biggest Trends in SEO for 2020 iLounge
How to Use Google Optimize & Tag Manager for Personalization Business 2 Community
The Most Effective Off Page SEO Techniques to Improve Your Google Rankings [Infographic] - Social Media Today
The Most Effective Off Page SEO Techniques to Improve Your Google Rankings [Infographic] Social Media Today
How Can I Publish Content to Both .com & .co.uk Websites? Search Engine Journal
Google: Webpages with Featured Snippets Won’t Appear Twice on Page 1 Search Engine Journal
On Page SEO Checklist: Blogging for People and Search Engines [Infographic] Social Media Today
A beginner’s guide on creating a positive corporate culture based on SEO Shark’s culture - Sunrise News
A beginner’s guide on creating a positive corporate culture based on SEO Shark’s culture Sunrise News
3 Ways to Improve Site Traffic and SEO Rankings for Your Real Estate Site - RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News - RealtyBizNews
3 Ways to Improve Site Traffic and SEO Rankings for Your Real Estate Site - RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News RealtyBizNews
Answer All the Important Questions: Actionable Tasking Search Engine Journal
Win 'Policing the Open Road' Book by Sarah Seo Streetsblog St. Louis
Google’s John Mueller: One Violation Will Not Result in a Manual Action Search Engine Journal
Why Does Local SEO Matter for Small Businesses? NuWire Investor
A Guide to Law Firm Marketing Strategy Hit Search
Park Min Young And Seo Kang Joon Only Have Eyes For Each Other In “I'll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice” - soompi
Park Min Young And Seo Kang Joon Only Have Eyes For Each Other In “I'll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice” soompi
#Showbiz: Han Seo Hee tried to end her life after Goo Hara's passing New Straits Times Online
Watch: Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Promise A Heartwarming Story During Script Reading For New Drama - soompi
Watch: Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Promise A Heartwarming Story During Script Reading For New Drama soompi
What is SEO? businessjournaldaily.com
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Reunite As Adults In Their Hometown In Posters For New Drama - soompi
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Reunite As Adults In Their Hometown In Posters For New Drama soompi
Seo Kang Joon Transforms Into Warm-Hearted Bookstore Owner For New Romance Drama With Park Min Young - soompi
Seo Kang Joon Transforms Into Warm-Hearted Bookstore Owner For New Romance Drama With Park Min Young soompi
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
What Is Dwell Time? Digital Media Solutions
What Is SEO? How Does It Work? Myths, Mistakes, and 9 SEO Best Practices Business 2 Community
Watch: Seo Kang Joon Is Intrigued By Park Min Young In 1st Teaser For Upcoming Romance Drama - soompi
Jang Hyuk, Sooyoung, And Jin Seo Yeon Are Dedicated To Their Craft Behind-The-Scenes On “Tell Me What You Saw” - soompi
Jang Hyuk, Sooyoung, And Jin Seo Yeon Are Dedicated To Their Craft Behind-The-Scenes On “Tell Me What You Saw” soompi
7 Basic SEO Best Practices You Can Learn from Huge Travel Brands Search Engine Journal
SEO Shark: an emerging partnership in the world of digital... Transforming The Nation
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
How to Get a Website Indexed Fast
Get Indexed FastWhat does getting indexed mean?The search engines keep a cache of every web page in their index.In English, this means: The search engines make a copy of every web page they visit and put in their records? ummm, I think that's what I mean.
Finding Profitable Keyword Phrases
So you have a site concept developed that you are ready to start writing great content for.So what's the next step?It's time to develop your " master keyword list " which you will use to craft your WebPages.
Keyword Optimization - How To Achieve It
The most important thing you can do for your business and your website is develop relevant keywords that are not too competitive yet generate targeted traffic to your website.It's called keyword optimization.
How To Conceal Your Website's "Fingerprint" From The Search Engines
The internet marketing industry is now flooded with various page and portal generators.In the good old days the gateway page generators did very well, earning a lot of money for many people.
The Myth of Search Engine Submission
Contrary to what most people think, it is not necessary to submit your site to the search engines. In the early days of the web, when search engine technology was still primitive and search engines' ability to crawl the web was somehow limited, it made sense to submit your site.
8 Essential SEO techniques
1) Title Tag - The title tag is the most powerful on-site SEO technique you have, so use it creatively! What you place in the title tag should only be one thing, the exact keyword you used for the web page that you are trying to optimize. Every single web page should have it's own title tag.
Every Search Engine Robot Needs Validation
Your website is ready. Your content is in place, you have optimized your pages.
Increase Web Site Sales with a SEO Proposal - Part 1
You can easily get confused by all the search engine optimization companies and SEO experts that offer SEO services. It's hard to know who to trust or what should be included in a SEO proposal.
5 Simple Steps to Great Search Engine Rankings
Having your website rank well in the major search engines is crucial to a successful Internet business. However, the information on doing so, which abounds on the Internet, can be perceived as complex and contradictive.
Soliciting Search Engines
As your guide operator through the web, search engines are invaluable when used effectively.You don't have to be able to create a search engine to use it, and their interface is designed with that in mind.
Google Gunning For Directories?
Why is it that webmasters are so quick to blame Google if their website falls down the search rankings, or out of the rankings altogether? Can it never be their own fault?I read an amusing forum post headed "What's up with Google?". The writer had a website just 2 months old, which had only had 2 visits from Googlebot, a Google robot.
Stay In The Know With Google SMS
The Short Messaging Service (SMS) from Google sends short, quick, text answers in response to your queries from an SMS-enabled mobile device, such as a cell phone. For example, you can look up phone numbers and addresses of local restaurants, do local phone book searches, compare prices from online merchants in Froogle to those you find in local stores, even look up definitions of words from the dictionary.
How to Avoid Getting OOPed On by Google?
Earlier this year, I was having trouble getting good search engine placement for one of our sites. I was trading links like crazy, spending many hours a week trying to optimize the site properly, checking my linking structures, keyword density, etc.
Earn with Fun by simple SEO (search engine optimization)
It all happened 3 months back, I have a blog & 1 fine day i saw my blog was ranking on top 10 position for a keyword which is less targeted, but was excited to see that & planned to promote it. Now watz the catch before promoting i placed Google Ads on my page.
Getting To Know Google
Having greatly benefited from my relationship with Google in the past several years, I am dedicating this article to the search engine superstar.I have to be brutally honest and relay that our friendship hasn't always been rosy.
Designing a Better System for Search Engines
Designing a Better System for Search Engines and Information Distribution, information and knowledge are power. Having run out of things to study today, I thought about Researching and Research.
The SEO Game - Do You Play It?
Most people do not think of SEO as a game. Let me take 5 minutes of your time and explain how SEO is simply a game of Chess.
New MSN Search Engine: How Good is it?
If you have an online business or you just use Internet as one of your marketing tools, you know that how important are the search engines in your quest to get more targeted visitors to your website. The changes in search engine field can have unexpected outcome for your online endeavors.
Optimize Your Site Pt2
6: The hidden benefits to having the right links. Every site online has an index or default file as its home page file.
|home | site map|