13 Tips For Good Search Engine Placements
When used properly in combination with other basic search engine tactics, these tips can help to dramatically improve your placement with the search engines and increase the traffic to your web site.
1. USE KEYWORD FILE NAMES: By naming your html file relevant to your keywords, you can gain a slight advantage. This is a relatively minor aid so don't go overboard with it.
2. AVOID USING ROBOTIC SUBMISSIONS TO THE TOP SEARCH ENGINES: When submitting your web page to one of the top 8 search engines, try to post your page manually rather than using any automated software or sites that post for you to get into the prime search engines. Many people believe that over 70% of your hits will come from Google and Yahoo! It's probably worth spending a considerable amount of time trying to get a good ranking from theses search engines. (Actually Yahoo is more like a directory than a search engine and requires that you read their help pages about their listing method)
3. BE SURE TO USE YOUR KEYWORDS IN YOUR PAGE TITLE: Many search engines will look to see what words you have used in your page title tag. It is VERY important that you include the keywords you want to be found under in this title tag.
4. GET YOUR PAGE LINKED FROM OTHER SITES: Some search engines will increase your relevancy if your site is linked to from other sites. Try to establish as many links as possible from other locations before you submit your web page for placement.
5. AVOID USING JAVA AND FRAMES IN YOUR PAGES: Search engine robots have a difficult time with pages containing Java and frames (not the Java Script tip below which is ignored by search engines). In order to establish a high relevancy and therefore a high rank do not use these methods in the pages you submit to the search engines.
6. THE FIRST 250 WORDS OF TEXT: Search engine robots scrutinize the first 250 word of text in your page for relevancy and keyword count. You must use your keywords in the appropriate proportions in this part of your page. Some say a 10% - 40% keyword count in this section of text is ideal. ALWAYS start this text with the page title you used in the title tag. Avoid keyword repetition (i.e. repeating keywords one after the other).
7. DO NOT USE THE META REFRESH COMMAND: This command is used to automatically transfer a page to another without requiring reader input.
8. DO NOT USE TEXT THAT IS THE SAME COLOR AS THE BACKGROUND: Search engines look for text that is the same color as the background which is being used to increase the keyword count without the reader seeing the text. This has become a definite no no and you may be penalized for such tactics.
9. USE LINKS CONTAINING KEYWORDS: One way to increase a keyword count is to use a series of working or non-working links containing a description and link that incorporate your keywords. This also has the advantage of providing links to other web sites from your page which the search engines also look for.
10. USE THE IMAGE ALT TAG TO INCREASE YOUR KEYWORD COUNT: Every image allows you to include a text description of that image in the alt tag. Use these tags to incorporate keywords or phrases to increase your keyword count. Search engines do consider alt tags in their relevancy rankings.
11. USE KEYWORDS IN PLURAL: Try to use your keywords in the plural form. Such as, CLOCKS instead of CLOCK. A user search on the keyword CLOCK will find both CLOCK and CLOCKS but a user search for CLOCKS will usually not turn up pages using the keyword CLOCK in singular form.
12. KEEP META TAG DESCRIPTION TO 25 WORDS OR LESS: Most search engines will truncate your description if it is too long deleting possible key points you are trying to convey. Keep your meta description to 25 words or less to avoid having posted an incomplete message to readers.
13. KEEP META TAG KEYWORD LISTS UNDER 1000 CHARACTERS: Keep your meta tag keyword list to under 1000 characters. Anything more and you may have your relevancy rank penalized by search engines. Additionally, do not repeat any one keyword in the keyword meta tag more than three times.
I truly hope you use these strategies soon and realize far more success than you have! Get started right away and watch the difference in your rankings.
More free tips at http://www.GoogleWebsite.com/
Here’s Why Inclusive Web Design with SEO Wins 2020 Search Engine Journal
SEO Keyword Research: 13 of the Biggest Mistakes You MUST Avoid Search Engine Journal
The Future of SEO: What SEO & Marketing Pros Need to Understand Search Engine Journal
SEM vs. SEO vs. PPC Defined: What’s the Difference? Search Engine Journal
How to Write SEO-Friendly Content in 2020 - VENTS Magazine
Three Off-Site Tactics That Seriously Boost SEO Traffic MarketingProfs.com
Here’s how to leverage long-tail keywords for your SEO Search Engine Land
Ongoing Education: Your Secret to SEO Success Search Engine Journal
Trend-Watcher: 6 New Ways to Do SEO in 2020 Business 2 Community
A 50-Point Audit for Getting Started with Local SEO Search Engine Journal
Real-Time Insight & Real-Time Action in SEO: How Automation Bridges the Gap Search Engine Journal
7 Ways to Improve Your Website's SEO Business.com
Google’s Baby Algorithms: How to Think About Them for SEO Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? businessjournaldaily.com
Google Launches New, Animated Video Series About SEO for Beginners Search Engine Journal
Basic SEO Tips Any Content Writer Should Know Business 2 Community
Let's Untangle the Knotty Mystery of SEO Radio World
SEO best practices support ADA compliance for digital accessibility Search Engine Land
5 Free Keyword Research Tools for SEO & PPC JumpFly PPC Advertising News
Google’s John Mueller Speaks on SEO for Dark Mode Websites Search Engine Journal
5 SEO Tips to Optimize Your Next Blog Post Business 2 Community
How to find your ideal SEO agency Search Engine Land
GoodFirms Unlocks the Most Trustworthy Digital Marketing and SEO Companies for November 2019 - PRNewswire
GoodFirms Unlocks the Most Trustworthy Digital Marketing and SEO Companies for November 2019 PRNewswire
Link Building for 2020: What Works and What to Avoid MarTech Advisor
TF-IDF: Can It Really Help Your SEO? Search Engine Journal
10 Best SEO Podcasts to Master the Art of SEO 99Signals - Tech News, Tech Hacks, & More
Why the University of Arizona changed its abbreviation for SEO Search Engine Land
Redefining SEO in the Age of Digital Transformation Destination CRM
Tesla Solar: Is Google SEO the Only Issue? Market Realist
5 Metrics Crucial to SEO Success PR News - For Smart Communicators
Video: Eric Enge on Google advice vs. real-world SEO experience Search Engine Land
5 SEO suggestions to market your food truck | Commentary Food Truck Operator
For SEO, How Fast Is Fast Enough? Practical Ecommerce
Benchmarking Beyond SEO: What Competitors' Website Traffic Can Reveal Search Engine Journal
University of Arizona switches from UA to UArizona for SEO The Associated Press
Screaming Frog releases SEO Spider version 12.0 Search Engine Land
SEO: Google's BERT Update Helps Ecommerce Product Pages Practical Ecommerce
How to Boost SEO for Coworking Spaces Commercial Property Executive
Why Discoverability Needs to Be an SEO Focus with Garrett Mehrguth [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Why Discoverability Needs to Be an SEO Focus with Garrett Mehrguth [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
The psychology of SEO on Brains Byte Back The Sociable
Travel SEO: 8 Ways to Build Links & Get Press as a Travel Brand Search Engine Journal
Barry Schwartz on Covering SEO News, Productivity & How to Grow a Business [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Barry Schwartz on Covering SEO News, Productivity & How to Grow a Business [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
Pro Rank Tracker Launches Lite Tool Rankitor, with Plans Starting at $5 Search Engine Journal
An Introduction to Python for Technical SEO Search Engine Journal
How to find cheap & affordable SEO services Business MattersBusiness Matters
Recovery From November 2019 Google Update Search Engine Journal
Baidu SEO: Content Delivery, Speed & Accessibility Search Engine Journal
Could Blogging Boost Your Ecommerce SEO? Practical Ecommerce
5 DIY SEO Tips That Your Small Business Needs Business.com
How Google's BERT SEO Update Will Impact Content and Search PR News - For Smart Communicators
Google BERT Update – What it Means Search Engine Journal
11 Tools to Use for Your YouTube SEO Business 2 Community
Struggling with ROI on SEO? Here are five steps to better returns Marketing magazine Australia
Long Island SEO Company, fishbat, Offers 3 Ways Fast Food Chains Can Profit From Social Media Influencer Promotions - PRNewswire
Long Island SEO Company, fishbat, Offers 3 Ways Fast Food Chains Can Profit From Social Media Influencer Promotions PRNewswire
Creative & SEO Copywriter, Penguin General - London The Bookseller
Expedia Suffers Major Decline, Blames the Changing SEO Landscape Business Deccan
What takes an SEO firm into top ranks? Deadline News
Tremendous Growth Report on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2019-2025 with Major Key Player like Moz Pro, WordStream, SpyFu & More - Market Report Gazette
Tremendous Growth Report on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2019-2025 with Major Key Player like Moz Pro, WordStream, SpyFu & More Market Report Gazette
SEO Testing Service Market Research Report (2019-2025): New Opportunities, Key Trends and Growth Factors | SEO Tester Online, WebDepend, Click Information System - Daily Watch Reports
SEO Testing Service Market Research Report (2019-2025): New Opportunities, Key Trends and Growth Factors | SEO Tester Online, WebDepend, Click Information System Daily Watch Reports
Get the mega SEO and digital marketing bundle for 97% off Android Authority
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
The Best Free SEO Tools to Increase Your Rankings Entrepreneur
Should you do 100% of your SEO in-house? Search Engine Land
My experience with SEO Practical Ecommerce
HigherVisibility Launches Free SEO Tool to Grade the CTR Effectiveness of Title Tags - Maryville Daily Times
HigherVisibility Launches Free SEO Tool to Grade the CTR Effectiveness of Title Tags Maryville Daily Times
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
Can SEO Be Made Predictable? Search Engine Journal
10 Ways To Indirectly Get To The Top Of Search
There are millions of web sites trying to get listed in the top 20 spots of the major search engines. That amounts to a lot of competition! I say if you can't get listed at the top, indirectly get to the top.
Earn with Fun by simple SEO (search engine optimization)
It all happened 3 months back, I have a blog & 1 fine day i saw my blog was ranking on top 10 position for a keyword which is less targeted, but was excited to see that & planned to promote it. Now watz the catch before promoting i placed Google Ads on my page.
Search Engine Monopoly
Ever wondered how one search engine is dominating the entire web. In any business, you have so much stiff competition.
Keywords, Choose Them Wisely
By now you have likely heard that keywords and keyword phrases, are extremely important in having search engines display your website. So how do you choose them? Guess? Ask a friend? Check successful competitors sites? There is a better way!First let's digress.
What Makes The Perfect SEO Firm?
SEO companies come in all shapes and sizes. You've got your solo SEOs that either a) do everything themselves and/or b) sub-contract out many aspects of each campaign while maintaining a tight control on the quality and results of the project.
How to Avoid Being Dropped by the Search Engines
For websites, one of the most important things in their existence is their ranking with the search engines. The reason why this is so important is because when websites are ranked high by the search engines, they get flooded with free, targeted web traffic from visitors who are looking for information or products.
Possibly The Biggest Misconception About Ranking Well In The Search Engines
Onpage search engine optimization are things that you can change ON your webpage.* Title tag* Header tags* Bolding, Italicizing, Underlining* Alt image tags* Meta Tags* Etc.
Linking for Traffic not Positioning!
With more and more experts and search engine enthusiastsclaiming the right way and the wrong way to handle linkswapping, link exchanging or reciprocal linking! You can tell something is important when there is more thanone name for it! GRIN! There are also two schools of thought on the reasons linkswapping. The first reason for link swapping has always been to carryfavour with Search engine rankings.
How Search Engines Work
Before anyone can start optimizing a web site, you must understand how search engines work.Search engine optimization is the hardest thing to do for a webmaster because there are so many rules to it and you have to stay up to date with all the new search engine optimization techniques.
Why Search Engine Traffic Should be Your Top Priority
Most Internet marketing methods are risky and many will not have any affect on traffic to a web site. Some online marketers will sell you anything from banner impressions, to mass email campaigns (spam), to popup ads.
Feed Those Hungry WIIFM Monsters, Get Them To Multiply
Everyone packs their website with keywords in order to feed those keyword-hungry search engines spiders.Just do not starve your potential customers by forgetting to have the food they like:ample helpings of benefitstips rich in protein (practical)automatic weekly feedings (like a newsletter)If you (affectionately) look upon your potential customers as if they are WIIFM monsters, and understand how to care for and feed them, there will be no scary nightmares (unprofitable websites).
Can Google Really Deliver Country Specific Searching?
This is a serious matter, can Google really deliver top quality search results for other countries? The answer so far is "sort of". In this article I will use Canada as an example of the quality or lack of thereof, that is delivered by Google's search results.
Finding The Best Search Engine
With Billions of pages on the internet how do you find exactly what is that you are looking for? Chances are you have stumbled across different search engines, and maybe even used and tried out a few of them.Aside from look and feel which search engine really is the best? It used to be that Google's search results were far superior to any other search engine on the internet.
Finding Profitable Keyword Phrases
So you have a site concept developed that you are ready to start writing great content for.So what's the next step?It's time to develop your " master keyword list " which you will use to craft your WebPages.
Playing in Googlebots Sandbox with Slurp, Teoma, & MSNbot - Spiders Display Differing Personalities
There has been endless webmaster speculation and worry about the so-called "Google Sandbox" - the indexing time delay for new domain names - rumored to last for at least 45 days from the date of first "discovery" by Googlebot. This recognized listing delay came to be called the "Google Sandbox effect.
Keywords Finalization Methodology
To arrive at the set of keywords that:Describe business correctly (are relevant) Attract traffic (are popular & are searched for) Have less competition (are relatively un-optimized for )StepsStep I: Lets start by saying that the for the keyword finalization of a web site the first step is to device the theme of the web site. The keywords then should be generated which are in sync with the themeing structure of the site.
Five Ways To Win The Favor Of Search Engines
You've got a cool new website with all the works: cool Flash presentations, eye-catching colors, informative text, easy-to-use layout, and an interesting topic. You think your site is amazing, and you know that others will agree with you.
Googles New SEO Rules
Google has recently made some pretty significant changes in its ranking algorithm. The latest update, dubbed by Google forum users as "Allegra", has left some web sites in the dust and catapulted others to top positions.
20 Ideas for Creating Traffic Rich, Search Engine Friendly Pages
Sometimes questions will arise around the subject of gateway information pages or doorway pages. People have heard that "doorway pages" are BAD and some have stated that search engines "hate doorway pages".
Have You Heard Of Website Optimization
Have you heard of website optimization ? If you are building a website or have a new one and you have never heard of it, then you had better take note, because if you want to climb the ladder on the search engines it is something you need to learn about. Website optimization means optimising your website so the search engine spiders will love it.
|home | site map|