Improve Search Engine Rankings - The Real Deal!
Ok, here's the deal, follow these steps and shoot me if your rankings doesn't improve. I know that there's been so many articles on how to improve your search engine rankings but most of them are either incomplete or untrue. So I've put up a list of what works best to improve your rankings and I'm telling you now this works but it's no walk in the park.
1. Long before you register your domain, start creating pages. You have to write at least 50 pages with real content for your initial website. If you register your domain before creating pages, it would take you at least a month before you could create those 50 content rich pages (well of course that is assuming that you're not an english major grad. or a person with an IQ of 160) and you don't want your new website to be seen bared for that long.
2. For domain names, choose a catchy one word, easy to write, easy to type, easy to spell, easy to remember, easy on everything domain name like yahoo, google or webomania. Keywords domain (like bestoranges.com or workwhilesleeping.com) are way out today. They may still have some effects on rankings but not as much as they were not so long ago. Besides, if you think of it, the best and most popular websites have branded names, like yahoo, google, msn, amazon, nba, nike, and this goes on and on...
3. When designing your webpages always remember the popular verse, simplicity is the best policy! or was that honesty? anyway the point is, the simpler your webpages is the better in many ways.
Firstly, it would be more readable to your audience. Lots of clutters in your pages (like banners and heavy graphics) would defocus the attention of your audience from your content. Sometimes (or maybe all of the time) when a person looks at a webpage and see lots of distraction, he would leave your site immediately without even reading your content.
Thirdly, your webpages should be compatible with any web browsers out there in the entire universe! Seriously, with lots of different web browsers being used in the internet, your pages should be compatible with all of them. Of course, the simpler your webpages is, the more uncomplicated it is. And the more uncomplicated it is, the better for any web browsers however simple or complicated they may be! Are my sentences getting complicated?
Fourthly, a more simple webpage means less graphics, less codes and less kilobytes. This means (if you didn't get it) your webpages would load much faster and in the world of internet, speed isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING! Take Google for example.
Lastly, (this is my favorite) a simpler website is easier to make. So why spend hours on creating a single page that would hurt your audience eyes from reading, be rejected by search engines, be uncompatible with different web browsers and loads forever when you can make it in minutes with much better result?
4. "Content is King" which has been said so many times already (my ears are begginning to bleed on this phrase) couldn't be more true. Search engines loves hard-written, quality content. Build one page of content with at least 200 words per day. Timely and in demand articles are best. Learn to write web style. Use short sentences. Lots of breaks. Something that would be read quickly. People don't really read articles, they scan them. Use humor to not bore your readers. Try not to use complicated words (unless your site is about english major or scientific names), if it exceeds three syllables, its complicated. Remember, not all your audience are good in english and will appreciate your english expertise. If you're not sure about your content's readability ask your seven-year old son, or brother, or neighbor to read your content and ask if he understands.
5. Keyword Positions and Density. Use your keyword once in the title, description tag, headings, url, alt, bold, italic, at the beggining of your content and at the ending of your content. Choose a keyword density of 5-12 percent but never ever compromise grammar. Spelling is equally becoming important today as search engines are gearing towards auto correction.
6. Links. Make sure that you don't have any broken links within your site. All pages should be within reach from the root or at least 2 levels deep. Important pages should be linked from as much pages of your website. Your homepage should be linked on all pages of your website.
For exchange links, link only with websites that are within your topic. It is also quite helpful if you can get exchange links with websites in your niche that has a higher ranking than you. Here's a good idea, search for your niche in DMOZ and mail each websites listed in there for an exchange links.
For outbound links, use your keyword to link to a high ranking site. Make sure that you link to a relevant site with the keyword you use.
7. For hosting, if you have the budget, go for a private hosting with a stand alone ip.
8. Directories. Submit to DMOZ and Yahoo. Getting an inclusion here is weight heavily by SE specially by google. If you have the money pay for a submission to Yahoo for a faster review. Submit to other directories that you can find.
9. Search Engines Submission. Submit your homepage to Google, Yahoo, MSN, Lycos. You can submit to other search engines but it's not worth the effort. These 4 generates more than 90 percent of search results. Submit only once per 3 months. Submitting too much may ban your site. Dont panic if your site isn't indexed in a few months. Some are lucky if they're indexed within six months.
10. When your site do get indexed, make sure it is crawled entirely. If not, check your links.
11. Log and track your visitors. Study your log files. They are valuable. See where visitors are entering, going and exiting your site. If they're not going to important pages, tweak your design. If they're exiting abnormally on one page see why. Know what keywords visitors are using to reach your site. Build specific contents about those keywords.
12. Promoting your website. Use forums to advertise your site. Create articles and pass it around freely (with your url attached ofcourse). If you have the budget, use PPC advertising. $.5 per visitors might hurt you but if you're confident about the quality and content of your website, that person's next visit would be free.
You should also promote your website offline. Print your url on almost anywhere you can. Use your car, ballpens, jackets, t-shirt, freebies and giveaways. If you can, use the media. It might sound trickier but it is equally important. People would find your website more important when they see it on tangible objects.
After doing all those twelve steps, the last and hardest thing to do is wait. Be patient, no web sites are a one night success these days. Sleep and recharge for you have done a good job and soon, success would be yours. Goodluck!
http://www.webomania.org - website development and promotion
You can publish this article anywhere provided you do not alter anything.
Google’s John Mueller Speaks on SEO for Dark Mode Websites Search Engine Journal
Screaming Frog releases SEO Spider version 12.0 Search Engine Land
5 DIY SEO Tips That Your Small Business Needs Business.com
What Entrepreneurs Should Know About SEO Business.com
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
Can SEO Be Made Predictable? Search Engine Journal
An Introduction to Python for Technical SEO Search Engine Journal
Can SEO Have a Negative Effect? Search Engine Journal
Moz launches Domain Analysis, free tool for SEO metrics Search Engine Land
3 Places for SEO Beginners to Focus Their Time Search Engine Journal
10 Alternative Ways to Level Up Your SEO Skills Search Engine Journal
SEO from Expired Domains - DNW Podcast #258 Domain Name Wire
Travel SEO: 8 Ways to Build Links & Get Press as a Travel Brand Search Engine Journal
5 Ways SEO Helps Marketers Work Smarter with Bigger Brands Search Engine Journal
The Top 4 Enterprise SEO Platform Tools: An In-Depth Review Search Engine Journal
One Tool for Improving Image SEO for the Future Search Engine Journal
Redefining SEO in the Age of Digital Transformation Destination CRM
SEO budgets fall as marketers want clearer guidelines Netimperative
BrightEdge promises ‘self-driving SEO’ with new Autopilot offering Search Engine Land
Multiple H1s won’t get in the way of your SEO, Google says Search Engine Land
Google’s John Mueller Asks Why SEOs Don’t Publish Their Address Search Engine Journal
7 SEO 'Rules' to Ignore for Ecommerce Practical Ecommerce
Baidu SEO: Content Delivery, Speed & Accessibility Search Engine Journal
Should you do 100% of your SEO in-house? Search Engine Land
How to Do Local SEO During the Holidays Search Engine Journal
My experience with SEO Practical Ecommerce
What Is Forensic SEO? Search Engine Journal
SEO 2020: Top 15 Google Page Ranking Factors hypebot.com
Leading Enterprise SEO Platform, Botify, Launches Prescriptive Intelligence & Activation - Yahoo Finance
Leading Enterprise SEO Platform, Botify, Launches Prescriptive Intelligence & Activation Yahoo Finance
SEO Company Winnipeg Search Engine People
BrightEdge Unveils New Technology That Puts SEO on Autopilot Search Engine Journal
How a content audit can improve your organic SEO performance Search Engine Land
Brian McDowell on Enterprise Ecommerce SEO, Mobile & Respect [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
7 Coding Barriers to SEO Success Practical Ecommerce
Brennen Bliss Recognized as Young SEO Professional of the Year at 2019 US Search Awards - Business Wire
Brennen Bliss Recognized as Young SEO Professional of the Year at 2019 US Search Awards Business Wire
Getting started with a terminal emulator for SEO programming Search Engine Land
Aleyda Solis on International SEO & How to Be Super Productive While Traveling [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Aleyda Solis on International SEO & How to Be Super Productive While Traveling [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
SEO in 2020: How to Perfectly Optimize Your Website for Google [Infographic] Social Media Today
GIVEAWAY: Win an SEJ SEO-Themed T-Shirt! Search Engine Journal
7 Free SEO Plug-ins for Chrome, and 3 Extras JumpFly PPC Advertising News
80 SEO & SEM Statistics That Prove the Power of Search [2019 Update] Business 2 Community
Is Google's Nofollow Change a Peek into SEO's Future? Practical Ecommerce
SEO Critique of 3 Ecommerce Blogs Practical Ecommerce
WeWork Selling Conductor SEO Company Search Engine Journal
SEO vs PPC: When Do You Optimize for Each? Business 2 Community
Google: HTML Sitemaps Not Worthwhile For SEO Purposes Search Engine Roundtable
SEO Misinformation – and How to Avoid It TechSpective
Big Linkedin Updates, New Google Targeting & All the News You Missed This Week [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Big Linkedin Updates, New Google Targeting & All the News You Missed This Week [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
Guest columnists Seo-Ho Lee and Naomi Johnson: Youth climate activists take over the streets of Boston - GazetteNET
Guest columnists Seo-Ho Lee and Naomi Johnson: Youth climate activists take over the streets of Boston GazetteNET
Long Island SEO, fishbat, Shares 4 Ways Instagram Can Maximize Brand Visibility For The Yoga Industry - PRNewswire
Long Island SEO, fishbat, Shares 4 Ways Instagram Can Maximize Brand Visibility For The Yoga Industry PRNewswire
Watch Local SEO Experts Prank A Google Local Spammer Search Engine Roundtable
Where Can I Get Backlinks to Improve SEO? Business 2 Community
Danny Seo, Romero Britto and Heather Hall Brands to Launch on iMedia Brands’ ShopHQ® - Yahoo Finance
Park Seo Joon's Manila Vlog Cosmopolitan Philippines
The Best Free SEO Tools to Increase Your Rankings Entrepreneur
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
6 Brilliant Reasons Why You Should Use SEO Tools Search Engine Journal
New Kid on the Block: Stephén Seo Tribeca Citizen
Malicious Commenter Receives Sentence For Spreading False Rumor About Lee Seo Jin And Sunny - soompi
7 Best SEO Tools to Help You Rank Higher in Google Entrepreneur
A Guide to On-Page SEO for Ecommerce Websites Search Engine Journal
6 SEO Tips to Benefit Any Business Entrepreneur
7 Basic SEO Best Practices You Can Learn from Huge Travel Brands Search Engine Journal
Two years on: Coach Park Hang-seo revitalizes Vietnamese football VnExpress International
What's the Value of SEO? Practical Ecommerce
10 Awesome Paid SEO Tools That Are Worth the Money Search Engine Journal
10 Ebooks About SEO You Should Download & Read Now Search Engine Journal
Why White Hat SEO is No Longer a Thing Search Engine Journal
SEO Content Strategy Tips to Boost Your Ranking in 2019 The Content Standard by Skyword
5 On-Site SEO Factors That Matter Most Search Engine Journal
Web Design Practices That Frustrate SEO Pros Search Engine Journal
How to Avoid SEO Misinformation Search Engine Journal
Google, Adsense, SEO, and How It All Works
Google uses an algorithm to determine the search engine results (SERPS). The algorithm is based upon certain factors that include keyword density, Meta Tags, anchor tags, image tags, back links, etc etc etc.
3 Principles Of Google
When online "Use it. Use it.
Is Google Having a Tough Time with Their Website Limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thrown for a loop these days. As Google updates their results, it seems like they are having some issues dealing with so many new websites popping up.
The Search Engine Of The Future: Mobility Has A Pricetag
We all know the ease of using a search engine to garner information from around the world in microseconds. We've gotten accustomed to accessing these for the price of our hookup to the internet, be it dial-up, cable or wireless.
Reciprocal Links to Boost Link Popularity ?
Link popularity means the number of incoming links pointing to your website. This is one of the criterical factor that rank the search results.
Search Engines: Different Types, Different Strategies
There are four basic types of Search Engines: Free Search EnginesPay-For-Inclusion Search EnginesPay-Per-Click (PPC) Search EnginesDirectories Because each type does things a little differently, you need to adapt your strategy to take advantage of their differences.Free Search EnginesYou can submit your pages to these engines free, but be careful.
Search Engine Optimization Strategies Guaranteed to Skyrocket your Rankings
The point of optimizing your website is so that you will get ranked higher in the search engines and receive more visitors to your site. As a result, you will increase sales and revenue.
Choosing your Meta-Keywords
Introduction This article assumes you already know what a 'meta-tag keyword' is and know a little about their importance to search engines. In this article I will attempt to explain the art of choosing the most appropriate and best performing keywords for your web pages.
9 Ways to Keep Google Happy
A recent Google patent application has the SEO community buzzing. At a bare minimum this document reveals the direction Google is taking its future search criteria.
Should You Be Linking for Traffic or Rankings?
Just for a change, rather than a technical article, I would like to tell you a story. To begin, imagine your website is a little country bar, now let's go back to when the internet began, and reciprocal linking was being done properly.
SEO Tips for Google
Getting a high ranking on Google is a big achievement. There are many factors that go into pulling a high page rank.
Google Wireless - Search Away From Home
For so many web surfers, it's almost automatic to type Google.com in to our address bar when we want to search.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it.
Free Search Engine Advertising: 10 Secret Ways To Indirectly Race To The Top Of Search Engines
Do you have a website that has little or no rankings in the major Search Engines: Yahoo. Msn, Aol, Netscape, Alltheweb and Google?Are you making little or no sales because you're getting little or no traffics?Welcome to the club.
What Is Search Engine Marketing?
It's in our genes, we're driven to seek. We 'hunt' for food, homes, partners, jobs and lately - with the advent of the Internet - information.
Pay-per-click - the Ultimate Tool to Boost Affiliate Sales
The old ways are not always the best ways.The traditional model of making money from affiliate products was simple.
Complete Web-Site Optimization For Search Engines (Part 1)
SEO or search engine optimization strategy now becomes widely popular among online business operators. Nothing strange about it as it allows to substantially increase your gross income, as a result of growing traffic or visitors flow.
Types of Links
Internal Linking - An introductionThe web as they call it is a mesh of links. The wired world is now being counted for what it is.
The Easiest Way to Your Google Sitemap
Google Sitemaps is a new tool for website owners and publishers, released by Google themselves. It allows you to submit a sitemap (a document that contains links to every page of your site) from your own homepage in .
What All Top Google Websites Have in Common
While it is okay to admire and envy all those sites enjoy top ranking with leading search engines like Google, it is much more important to study these sites closely. You will definitely end up learning a lot that will prove to be very useful in helping you take your own site to the top of Google rankings.
|home | site map|