Improve Search Engine Rankings - The Real Deal!
Ok, here's the deal, follow these steps and shoot me if your rankings doesn't improve. I know that there's been so many articles on how to improve your search engine rankings but most of them are either incomplete or untrue. So I've put up a list of what works best to improve your rankings and I'm telling you now this works but it's no walk in the park.
1. Long before you register your domain, start creating pages. You have to write at least 50 pages with real content for your initial website. If you register your domain before creating pages, it would take you at least a month before you could create those 50 content rich pages (well of course that is assuming that you're not an english major grad. or a person with an IQ of 160) and you don't want your new website to be seen bared for that long.
2. For domain names, choose a catchy one word, easy to write, easy to type, easy to spell, easy to remember, easy on everything domain name like yahoo, google or webomania. Keywords domain (like bestoranges.com or workwhilesleeping.com) are way out today. They may still have some effects on rankings but not as much as they were not so long ago. Besides, if you think of it, the best and most popular websites have branded names, like yahoo, google, msn, amazon, nba, nike, and this goes on and on...
3. When designing your webpages always remember the popular verse, simplicity is the best policy! or was that honesty? anyway the point is, the simpler your webpages is the better in many ways.
Firstly, it would be more readable to your audience. Lots of clutters in your pages (like banners and heavy graphics) would defocus the attention of your audience from your content. Sometimes (or maybe all of the time) when a person looks at a webpage and see lots of distraction, he would leave your site immediately without even reading your content.
Thirdly, your webpages should be compatible with any web browsers out there in the entire universe! Seriously, with lots of different web browsers being used in the internet, your pages should be compatible with all of them. Of course, the simpler your webpages is, the more uncomplicated it is. And the more uncomplicated it is, the better for any web browsers however simple or complicated they may be! Are my sentences getting complicated?
Fourthly, a more simple webpage means less graphics, less codes and less kilobytes. This means (if you didn't get it) your webpages would load much faster and in the world of internet, speed isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING! Take Google for example.
Lastly, (this is my favorite) a simpler website is easier to make. So why spend hours on creating a single page that would hurt your audience eyes from reading, be rejected by search engines, be uncompatible with different web browsers and loads forever when you can make it in minutes with much better result?
4. "Content is King" which has been said so many times already (my ears are begginning to bleed on this phrase) couldn't be more true. Search engines loves hard-written, quality content. Build one page of content with at least 200 words per day. Timely and in demand articles are best. Learn to write web style. Use short sentences. Lots of breaks. Something that would be read quickly. People don't really read articles, they scan them. Use humor to not bore your readers. Try not to use complicated words (unless your site is about english major or scientific names), if it exceeds three syllables, its complicated. Remember, not all your audience are good in english and will appreciate your english expertise. If you're not sure about your content's readability ask your seven-year old son, or brother, or neighbor to read your content and ask if he understands.
5. Keyword Positions and Density. Use your keyword once in the title, description tag, headings, url, alt, bold, italic, at the beggining of your content and at the ending of your content. Choose a keyword density of 5-12 percent but never ever compromise grammar. Spelling is equally becoming important today as search engines are gearing towards auto correction.
6. Links. Make sure that you don't have any broken links within your site. All pages should be within reach from the root or at least 2 levels deep. Important pages should be linked from as much pages of your website. Your homepage should be linked on all pages of your website.
For exchange links, link only with websites that are within your topic. It is also quite helpful if you can get exchange links with websites in your niche that has a higher ranking than you. Here's a good idea, search for your niche in DMOZ and mail each websites listed in there for an exchange links.
For outbound links, use your keyword to link to a high ranking site. Make sure that you link to a relevant site with the keyword you use.
7. For hosting, if you have the budget, go for a private hosting with a stand alone ip.
8. Directories. Submit to DMOZ and Yahoo. Getting an inclusion here is weight heavily by SE specially by google. If you have the money pay for a submission to Yahoo for a faster review. Submit to other directories that you can find.
9. Search Engines Submission. Submit your homepage to Google, Yahoo, MSN, Lycos. You can submit to other search engines but it's not worth the effort. These 4 generates more than 90 percent of search results. Submit only once per 3 months. Submitting too much may ban your site. Dont panic if your site isn't indexed in a few months. Some are lucky if they're indexed within six months.
10. When your site do get indexed, make sure it is crawled entirely. If not, check your links.
11. Log and track your visitors. Study your log files. They are valuable. See where visitors are entering, going and exiting your site. If they're not going to important pages, tweak your design. If they're exiting abnormally on one page see why. Know what keywords visitors are using to reach your site. Build specific contents about those keywords.
12. Promoting your website. Use forums to advertise your site. Create articles and pass it around freely (with your url attached ofcourse). If you have the budget, use PPC advertising. $.5 per visitors might hurt you but if you're confident about the quality and content of your website, that person's next visit would be free.
You should also promote your website offline. Print your url on almost anywhere you can. Use your car, ballpens, jackets, t-shirt, freebies and giveaways. If you can, use the media. It might sound trickier but it is equally important. People would find your website more important when they see it on tangible objects.
After doing all those twelve steps, the last and hardest thing to do is wait. Be patient, no web sites are a one night success these days. Sleep and recharge for you have done a good job and soon, success would be yours. Goodluck!
http://www.webomania.org - website development and promotion
You can publish this article anywhere provided you do not alter anything.
SEO in 2020: What Basics You Need to Know to Be Successful Search Engine Journal
SEO Strategy Guide: Beat Your Competition in 2020 Search Engine Journal
Video: Josef Sperzel talks technical SEO and using Python to pull data Search Engine Land
SEO in 2020: What Role Do Keywords Play? Search Engine Journal
Caroff Communications President to Teach Course in SEO at San Diego State University - Yahoo Finance
SEO year in review 2019: Zero-click searches, BERT, local spam and more Search Engine Land
Blending a Strategic SEO & PPC Strategy for Great Results Business 2 Community
At enterprise companies, SEOs cannot ‘do’ most of the SEO (An article to forward to non-SEO teams in your company) - Search Engine Land
At enterprise companies, SEOs cannot ‘do’ most of the SEO (An article to forward to non-SEO teams in your company) Search Engine Land
Google Explains How to Use Headings for SEO Search Engine Journal
Biggest Trends in SEO for 2020 iLounge
6 SEO trends to watch in 2020 AZ Big Media
Vlog #38: Josef Sperzel On Using Python For SEO Gains & Technical SEO Search Engine Roundtable
SEO Penalties: The 6 Ways Your SEO Strategies Aren't Helping You Business 2 Community
SEO trends that matter most in 2020 AZ Big Media
Tony Wright on the Danger of Absolutes in Marketing, Answering SEO Questions & More [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Tony Wright on the Danger of Absolutes in Marketing, Answering SEO Questions & More [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
Google’s Mueller Answers How to SEO a Podcast Site Search Engine Journal
3 Qualities of the Best SEO Information Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? Quick Guide to Search Engine Optimization Business 2 Community
4 Advanced Ways to Use Chrome DevTools for Technical SEO Audits Search Engine Journal
E-A-T & YMYL: How to Boost Your On-Page SEO Search Engine Journal
Case study: The true value of informational content for e-commerce SEO Search Engine Land
Top SEO Tools To Instantly Improve Your Website Marketing In 2020 (Comparison Common Tools) - KHTS Radio
Top SEO Tools To Instantly Improve Your Website Marketing In 2020 (Comparison Common Tools) KHTS Radio
SEO Reports: Which Metrics Matter & How to Use Them Well Search Engine Journal
JumpFly SEO Director to Speak at SMX West 2020 JumpFly PPC Advertising News
A New Twist In SEO Business 2 Community
An Introduction to Python for SEO Pros Using Spreadsheets Search Engine Journal
Conductor launches SEO services marketplace for Searchlight users Search Engine Land
Travel SEO: Competing in Organic Search in 2020 & Beyond Search Engine Journal
How Can I Publish Content to Both .com & .co.uk Websites? Search Engine Journal
Raising the stakes on product category pages Search Engine Land
How to make data driven SEO decisions Business MattersBusiness Matters
New Research Reports on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market is booming Globally with Ahrefs, Google, SEMRush, KWFinderand Forecast 2020 To 2027 – Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News
New Research Reports on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market is booming Globally with Ahrefs, Google, SEMRush, KWFinderand Forecast 2020 To 2027 – Dagoretti News Dagoretti News
How I Had a Baby & Started an SEO Agency at the Same Time Search Engine Journal
SEO Cost: Top 4 Pricing Models for SEO Services Business 2 Community
A Complete SEO Checklist: 21-Point List Explained Business 2 Community
SEO Trends for 2020 That You Need to Know Grit Daily
Understanding the Role of a Technical SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
Think Tank Launches Premium SEO Services for Lawyers for Improving Organic Traffic - Press Release - Digital Journal
Think Tank Launches Premium SEO Services for Lawyers for Improving Organic Traffic - Press Release Digital Journal
3 Types of Content Strategy Business 2 Community
SEO Planning to Internationalize Stock Market Financial Tribune
Legal Marketing and SEO Trends for 2020 Part 2 The National Law Review
16 Must-Have Tools for Off-Page SEO and Link Building Business 2 Community
Google’s John Mueller: One Violation Will Not Result in a Manual Action Search Engine Journal
3 Ways to Improve Site Traffic and SEO Rankings for Your Real Estate Site - RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News - RealtyBizNews
3 Ways to Improve Site Traffic and SEO Rankings for Your Real Estate Site - RealtyBizNews: Real Estate News RealtyBizNews
The Most Effective Off Page SEO Techniques to Improve Your Google Rankings [Infographic] - Social Media Today
The Most Effective Off Page SEO Techniques to Improve Your Google Rankings [Infographic] Social Media Today
MRC SEO Consutling Service Explains Importance Of SEO StreetInsider.com
Search Engine Optimization Services Market 2019 Industry Trends – WordStream, Moz, SEO Book, LinkResearchTools – Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News
Search Engine Optimization Services Market 2019 Industry Trends – WordStream, Moz, SEO Book, LinkResearchTools – Dagoretti News Dagoretti News
On Page SEO Checklist: Blogging for People and Search Engines [Infographic] Social Media Today
Search Engine Optimization Market 2019 Industry Trends – WordStream, Moz, SEO Book, LinkResearchTools – Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News
Search Engine Optimization Market 2019 Industry Trends – WordStream, Moz, SEO Book, LinkResearchTools – Dagoretti News Dagoretti News
SirLinksalot SEO Video Tutorials are One of the Best Online Sources to Level Up SEO Skills - California Herald
SirLinksalot SEO Video Tutorials are One of the Best Online Sources to Level Up SEO Skills California Herald
Annual Digital Marketing Awards – The 2019 Winners Announced! Promotion World
Google will drop support for data-vocabulary.org structured data on April 6 Search Engine Land
Jessica Seo with her daughter 4-year-old Faith Seo New Zealand Herald
Win 'Policing the Open Road' Book by Sarah Seo Streetsblog St. Louis
Watch: Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Promise A Heartwarming Story During Script Reading For New Drama - soompi
Watch: Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Promise A Heartwarming Story During Script Reading For New Drama soompi
5 Essential Schema Plugins for WordPress Search Engine Journal
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Reunite As Adults In Their Hometown In Posters For New Drama - soompi
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Reunite As Adults In Their Hometown In Posters For New Drama soompi
Google’s John Mueller Recommends Less Than 5 Hops Per Redirect Chain Search Engine Journal
SEO Service Provider Services Market is booming Globally with OpenMoves, WebiMax, Boostability, Digital Marketing Agencyand Forecast 2020 To 2027 – Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News
SEO Service Provider Services Market is booming Globally with OpenMoves, WebiMax, Boostability, Digital Marketing Agencyand Forecast 2020 To 2027 – Dagoretti News Dagoretti News
#Showbiz: Han Seo Hee tried to end her life after Goo Hara's passing New Straits Times Online
Watch: Seo Kang Joon Is Intrigued By Park Min Young In 1st Teaser For Upcoming Romance Drama - soompi
What is SEO? businessjournaldaily.com
Seo Software Market Breakdown, Development And New Market Opportunities & Forecasts 2026 – Dagoretti News - Dagoretti News
Seo Software Market Breakdown, Development And New Market Opportunities & Forecasts 2026 – Dagoretti News Dagoretti News
Seo Kang Joon Transforms Into Warm-Hearted Bookstore Owner For New Romance Drama With Park Min Young - soompi
Seo Kang Joon Transforms Into Warm-Hearted Bookstore Owner For New Romance Drama With Park Min Young soompi
Park Min Young And Seo Kang Joon Only Have Eyes For Each Other In “I'll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice” - soompi
Park Min Young And Seo Kang Joon Only Have Eyes For Each Other In “I'll Go To You When The Weather Is Nice” soompi
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
Watch: Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, And More Immerse Themselves Into Their Roles For “Itaewon Class” - soompi
Watch: Park Seo Joon, Kim Da Mi, And More Immerse Themselves Into Their Roles For “Itaewon Class” soompi
What Is SEO? How Does It Work? Myths, Mistakes, and 9 SEO Best Practices Business 2 Community
7 Basic SEO Best Practices You Can Learn from Huge Travel Brands Search Engine Journal
Watch: Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran Reveal What They Learned About Each Other While Filming “Black Dog” - soompi
Watch: Seo Hyun Jin And Ra Mi Ran Reveal What They Learned About Each Other While Filming “Black Dog” soompi
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
5 SEO Realities SEO Professionals Struggle with Most Search Engine Journal
Can SEO Be Made Predictable? Search Engine Journal
How to Make SEO Happen in 2020 Practical Ecommerce
Google, Adsense, SEO, and How It All Works
Google uses an algorithm to determine the search engine results (SERPS). The algorithm is based upon certain factors that include keyword density, Meta Tags, anchor tags, image tags, back links, etc etc etc.
3 Principles Of Google
When online "Use it. Use it.
Is Google Having a Tough Time with Their Website Limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thrown for a loop these days. As Google updates their results, it seems like they are having some issues dealing with so many new websites popping up.
The Search Engine Of The Future: Mobility Has A Pricetag
We all know the ease of using a search engine to garner information from around the world in microseconds. We've gotten accustomed to accessing these for the price of our hookup to the internet, be it dial-up, cable or wireless.
Reciprocal Links to Boost Link Popularity ?
Link popularity means the number of incoming links pointing to your website. This is one of the criterical factor that rank the search results.
Search Engines: Different Types, Different Strategies
There are four basic types of Search Engines: Free Search EnginesPay-For-Inclusion Search EnginesPay-Per-Click (PPC) Search EnginesDirectories Because each type does things a little differently, you need to adapt your strategy to take advantage of their differences.Free Search EnginesYou can submit your pages to these engines free, but be careful.
Search Engine Optimization Strategies Guaranteed to Skyrocket your Rankings
The point of optimizing your website is so that you will get ranked higher in the search engines and receive more visitors to your site. As a result, you will increase sales and revenue.
Choosing your Meta-Keywords
Introduction This article assumes you already know what a 'meta-tag keyword' is and know a little about their importance to search engines. In this article I will attempt to explain the art of choosing the most appropriate and best performing keywords for your web pages.
9 Ways to Keep Google Happy
A recent Google patent application has the SEO community buzzing. At a bare minimum this document reveals the direction Google is taking its future search criteria.
Should You Be Linking for Traffic or Rankings?
Just for a change, rather than a technical article, I would like to tell you a story. To begin, imagine your website is a little country bar, now let's go back to when the internet began, and reciprocal linking was being done properly.
SEO Tips for Google
Getting a high ranking on Google is a big achievement. There are many factors that go into pulling a high page rank.
Google Wireless - Search Away From Home
For so many web surfers, it's almost automatic to type Google.com in to our address bar when we want to search.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it.
Free Search Engine Advertising: 10 Secret Ways To Indirectly Race To The Top Of Search Engines
Do you have a website that has little or no rankings in the major Search Engines: Yahoo. Msn, Aol, Netscape, Alltheweb and Google?Are you making little or no sales because you're getting little or no traffics?Welcome to the club.
What Is Search Engine Marketing?
It's in our genes, we're driven to seek. We 'hunt' for food, homes, partners, jobs and lately - with the advent of the Internet - information.
Pay-per-click - the Ultimate Tool to Boost Affiliate Sales
The old ways are not always the best ways.The traditional model of making money from affiliate products was simple.
Complete Web-Site Optimization For Search Engines (Part 1)
SEO or search engine optimization strategy now becomes widely popular among online business operators. Nothing strange about it as it allows to substantially increase your gross income, as a result of growing traffic or visitors flow.
Types of Links
Internal Linking - An introductionThe web as they call it is a mesh of links. The wired world is now being counted for what it is.
The Easiest Way to Your Google Sitemap
Google Sitemaps is a new tool for website owners and publishers, released by Google themselves. It allows you to submit a sitemap (a document that contains links to every page of your site) from your own homepage in .
What All Top Google Websites Have in Common
While it is okay to admire and envy all those sites enjoy top ranking with leading search engines like Google, it is much more important to study these sites closely. You will definitely end up learning a lot that will prove to be very useful in helping you take your own site to the top of Google rankings.
|home | site map|