Improve Search Engine Rankings - The Real Deal!
Ok, here's the deal, follow these steps and shoot me if your rankings doesn't improve. I know that there's been so many articles on how to improve your search engine rankings but most of them are either incomplete or untrue. So I've put up a list of what works best to improve your rankings and I'm telling you now this works but it's no walk in the park.
1. Long before you register your domain, start creating pages. You have to write at least 50 pages with real content for your initial website. If you register your domain before creating pages, it would take you at least a month before you could create those 50 content rich pages (well of course that is assuming that you're not an english major grad. or a person with an IQ of 160) and you don't want your new website to be seen bared for that long.
2. For domain names, choose a catchy one word, easy to write, easy to type, easy to spell, easy to remember, easy on everything domain name like yahoo, google or webomania. Keywords domain (like bestoranges.com or workwhilesleeping.com) are way out today. They may still have some effects on rankings but not as much as they were not so long ago. Besides, if you think of it, the best and most popular websites have branded names, like yahoo, google, msn, amazon, nba, nike, and this goes on and on...
3. When designing your webpages always remember the popular verse, simplicity is the best policy! or was that honesty? anyway the point is, the simpler your webpages is the better in many ways.
Firstly, it would be more readable to your audience. Lots of clutters in your pages (like banners and heavy graphics) would defocus the attention of your audience from your content. Sometimes (or maybe all of the time) when a person looks at a webpage and see lots of distraction, he would leave your site immediately without even reading your content.
Thirdly, your webpages should be compatible with any web browsers out there in the entire universe! Seriously, with lots of different web browsers being used in the internet, your pages should be compatible with all of them. Of course, the simpler your webpages is, the more uncomplicated it is. And the more uncomplicated it is, the better for any web browsers however simple or complicated they may be! Are my sentences getting complicated?
Fourthly, a more simple webpage means less graphics, less codes and less kilobytes. This means (if you didn't get it) your webpages would load much faster and in the world of internet, speed isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING! Take Google for example.
Lastly, (this is my favorite) a simpler website is easier to make. So why spend hours on creating a single page that would hurt your audience eyes from reading, be rejected by search engines, be uncompatible with different web browsers and loads forever when you can make it in minutes with much better result?
4. "Content is King" which has been said so many times already (my ears are begginning to bleed on this phrase) couldn't be more true. Search engines loves hard-written, quality content. Build one page of content with at least 200 words per day. Timely and in demand articles are best. Learn to write web style. Use short sentences. Lots of breaks. Something that would be read quickly. People don't really read articles, they scan them. Use humor to not bore your readers. Try not to use complicated words (unless your site is about english major or scientific names), if it exceeds three syllables, its complicated. Remember, not all your audience are good in english and will appreciate your english expertise. If you're not sure about your content's readability ask your seven-year old son, or brother, or neighbor to read your content and ask if he understands.
5. Keyword Positions and Density. Use your keyword once in the title, description tag, headings, url, alt, bold, italic, at the beggining of your content and at the ending of your content. Choose a keyword density of 5-12 percent but never ever compromise grammar. Spelling is equally becoming important today as search engines are gearing towards auto correction.
6. Links. Make sure that you don't have any broken links within your site. All pages should be within reach from the root or at least 2 levels deep. Important pages should be linked from as much pages of your website. Your homepage should be linked on all pages of your website.
For exchange links, link only with websites that are within your topic. It is also quite helpful if you can get exchange links with websites in your niche that has a higher ranking than you. Here's a good idea, search for your niche in DMOZ and mail each websites listed in there for an exchange links.
For outbound links, use your keyword to link to a high ranking site. Make sure that you link to a relevant site with the keyword you use.
7. For hosting, if you have the budget, go for a private hosting with a stand alone ip.
8. Directories. Submit to DMOZ and Yahoo. Getting an inclusion here is weight heavily by SE specially by google. If you have the money pay for a submission to Yahoo for a faster review. Submit to other directories that you can find.
9. Search Engines Submission. Submit your homepage to Google, Yahoo, MSN, Lycos. You can submit to other search engines but it's not worth the effort. These 4 generates more than 90 percent of search results. Submit only once per 3 months. Submitting too much may ban your site. Dont panic if your site isn't indexed in a few months. Some are lucky if they're indexed within six months.
10. When your site do get indexed, make sure it is crawled entirely. If not, check your links.
11. Log and track your visitors. Study your log files. They are valuable. See where visitors are entering, going and exiting your site. If they're not going to important pages, tweak your design. If they're exiting abnormally on one page see why. Know what keywords visitors are using to reach your site. Build specific contents about those keywords.
12. Promoting your website. Use forums to advertise your site. Create articles and pass it around freely (with your url attached ofcourse). If you have the budget, use PPC advertising. $.5 per visitors might hurt you but if you're confident about the quality and content of your website, that person's next visit would be free.
You should also promote your website offline. Print your url on almost anywhere you can. Use your car, ballpens, jackets, t-shirt, freebies and giveaways. If you can, use the media. It might sound trickier but it is equally important. People would find your website more important when they see it on tangible objects.
After doing all those twelve steps, the last and hardest thing to do is wait. Be patient, no web sites are a one night success these days. Sleep and recharge for you have done a good job and soon, success would be yours. Goodluck!
http://www.webomania.org - website development and promotion
You can publish this article anywhere provided you do not alter anything.
12 Ways to Build a Winning SEO Strategy on a Small Budget Search Engine Journal
Coaching SEO To Win Forbes
Google Introduces Beta Explanations that Can Explain Smaller Issues with SEO Marketing Campaigns - Inc.
Google Introduces Beta Explanations that Can Explain Smaller Issues with SEO Marketing Campaigns Inc.
The five trends defining SEO and content marketing careers Marketing Week
SEO myths busted by an ex-Googler Search Engine Land
WordPress SEO Beyond the Basics: 8 Things You Must Do Next Search Engine Journal
The 8 Benefits of SEO for Ecommerce Practical Ecommerce
Local SEO Strategy Guide: How to Rank Where It Counts Search Engine Journal
John Mueller Surprises with Answer to a Negative SEO Question Search Engine Journal
How to Make SEO Happen in 2020 Practical Ecommerce
8 Tried & Tested Tips for Improving SEO & Developer Relations Search Engine Journal
The Role of Structured Data in SEO Success MarTech Advisor
Local SEO Explained Business 2 Community
Why SEO is Important for Your Business Business 2 Community
Google’s John Mueller: Never Blindly Follow Big Sites’ SEO Search Engine Journal
SEO Is Everyone’s Responsibility: 5 Tips to Get Non-SEOs Bought Into SEO Search Engine Journal
Why Amazon success requires a holistic approach to SEO and advertising DigitalCommerce360
Why SEO is an Essential Puzzle of Digital Marketing Business 2 Community
How to Monitor SEO Topic Clusters, Silos Practical Ecommerce
Video: Jeff Selig on the early days of SEO, Google algorithms & international SEO - Search Engine Land
Video: Jeff Selig on the early days of SEO, Google algorithms & international SEO Search Engine Land
Unmasking Black Hat SEO for Dating Scams Security Boulevard
Reciprocal Links: Do They Help or Hurt Your SEO? Search Engine Journal
Managing Successful SEO Migrations Search Engine Journal
Vlog #30: Ben Cook On The Wild West Days Of SEO & Enterprise Site Migrations - Search Engine Roundtable
Vlog #30: Ben Cook On The Wild West Days Of SEO & Enterprise Site Migrations Search Engine Roundtable
SEM vs. SEO vs. PPC Defined: What’s the Difference? Search Engine Journal
Here’s Why Inclusive Web Design with SEO Wins 2020 Search Engine Journal
Importance and Advantages of Using SEO to Your Business The African Exponent
How Does SEO Work? JumpFly PPC Advertising News
Elevating Women in SEO: The Industry Still Has a Long Way to Go Search Engine Journal
How to Write SEO Proposals That Prove Your Value & Eliminate Client Concerns - Search Engine Journal
How to Write SEO Proposals That Prove Your Value & Eliminate Client Concerns Search Engine Journal
Gary Illyes Teaches SEO With SEO Periodic Table :) Search Engine Roundtable
Mike Grehan on Learning to Rank, Information Retrieval & The Death of SES [PODCAST] - Search Engine Journal
Mike Grehan on Learning to Rank, Information Retrieval & The Death of SES [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
Podcasts & SEO: How to Make Your Podcast SEO-Friendly Search Engine Journal
Machine Learning & SEO: Where Are We Now? - Machine Learning Times - machine learning & data science news - The Predictive Analytics Times
Machine Learning & SEO: Where Are We Now? - Machine Learning Times - machine learning & data science news The Predictive Analytics Times
Disruptions in SEO That will Dominate Ranking Behavior in 2020 News & Features
Patent: Google Going Old School with Local SEO, But In A New Way Search Engine Journal
How Google's BERT Works In SEO Business 2 Community
How to Dominate SERPS by Focusing on Topics Instead of Keywords Search Engine Journal
30+ SEO Stats from 2019 to Guide Your Strategy in 2020 and Beyond [Infographic] - Social Media Today
Seo-Ho Lee, Rohini Narayanan and Thomas Coulouras: Youth press Neal to support Green New Deal - GazetteNET
Seo-Ho Lee, Rohini Narayanan and Thomas Coulouras: Youth press Neal to support Green New Deal GazetteNET
Trend-Watcher: 6 New Ways to Do SEO in 2020 Business 2 Community
The HOTH Launches it's Brand New Case Study Hub, featuring a collection of SEO and PPC success stories and insight - PR Web
The HOTH Launches it's Brand New Case Study Hub, featuring a collection of SEO and PPC success stories and insight PR Web
10 SEO factors that influence your Google ranking Eastbourne Herald
After red card, Vietnam coach Park Hang-seo argues with Indonesia fans in stands at SEA Games 2019 - FOX Sports Malaysia
After red card, Vietnam coach Park Hang-seo argues with Indonesia fans in stands at SEA Games 2019 FOX Sports Malaysia
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market Analysis, Revenue, Price, Industry Share, Growth Rate, Forecast to 2024 - NY Tribunal - New York Tribunal
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market Analysis, Revenue, Price, Industry Share, Growth Rate, Forecast to 2024 - NY Tribunal New York Tribunal
Conductor becomes an employee-owned firm after almost two years under WeWork Search Engine Land
SEO Trends to Look Forward to in 2020 IMC Grupo
Sr. Manager, SEO job with NBCUniversal, Inc. | 407143 mediabistro.com
The Most Effective Link-Building Strategies According to SEO Experts MarketingProfs.com
MRC SEO, A Top-Rated Search Engine Optimization Agency Celebrates Feedback From Their Clients - StreetInsider.com
MRC SEO, A Top-Rated Search Engine Optimization Agency Celebrates Feedback From Their Clients StreetInsider.com
Misquoted and misunderstood: Why many in the search community don’t believe the WSJ about Google search - Search Engine Land
Misquoted and misunderstood: Why many in the search community don’t believe the WSJ about Google search Search Engine Land
Han Seo Hee states that Jung Da Eun is violent and abusive, reveals her bruised arms and hands - allkpop
Han Seo Hee states that Jung Da Eun is violent and abusive, reveals her bruised arms and hands allkpop
Digital Marketing Training in Tempe, AZ for Beginners | SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMO (Social Media Optimization), SMM (Social Media Marketing) Training | Decemb - Phoenix New Times
Digital Marketing Training in Tempe, AZ for Beginners | SEO (Search Engine Optimization), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMO (Social Media Optimization), SMM (Social Media Marketing) Training | Decemb Phoenix New Times
Google Reveals Top Trending Searches of 2019 Search Engine Journal
Park Hang-seo magic goes on in Hanoi Dong-A Ilbo
WATCH: Vietnam coach Park Hang-seo shown red card for complaining to referee during SEA Games 2019 Men’s... - FOX Sports Malaysia
WATCH: Vietnam coach Park Hang-seo shown red card for complaining to referee during SEA Games 2019 Men’s... FOX Sports Malaysia
The Best Free SEO Tools to Increase Your Rankings Entrepreneur
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
6 SEO Tips to Benefit Any Business Entrepreneur
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
SEO Service Provider Services Market Necessity and Future Demand, Scope: OpenMoves, Straight North, Digital Marketing Agency, WebiMax - VaporBlash
SEO Service Provider Services Market Necessity and Future Demand, Scope: OpenMoves, Straight North, Digital Marketing Agency, WebiMax VaporBlash
Hometown of popular football coach Park Hang-seo pushes to create Vietnam-style village - Viet Nam News
Hometown of popular football coach Park Hang-seo pushes to create Vietnam-style village Viet Nam News
My experience with SEO Practical Ecommerce
Focus More Or Local SEO To Increase Local Engagement Promotion World
Seo Ye Ji being considered for female lead opposite Kim Soo Hyun in 'I'm a Psycho But It's Okay' - allkpop
Seo Ye Ji being considered for female lead opposite Kim Soo Hyun in 'I'm a Psycho But It's Okay' allkpop
5 Metrics Crucial to SEO Success - PR News PR News - For Smart Communicators
7 Basic SEO Best Practices You Can Learn from Huge Travel Brands Search Engine Journal
What's the Value of SEO? Practical Ecommerce
Why Having a User-First Approach to SEO Is Important Search Engine Journal
Can SEO Be Made Predictable? Search Engine Journal
SEO Keyword Research: 13 of the Biggest Mistakes You MUST Avoid Search Engine Journal
Google, Adsense, SEO, and How It All Works
Google uses an algorithm to determine the search engine results (SERPS). The algorithm is based upon certain factors that include keyword density, Meta Tags, anchor tags, image tags, back links, etc etc etc.
3 Principles Of Google
When online "Use it. Use it.
Is Google Having a Tough Time with Their Website Limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thrown for a loop these days. As Google updates their results, it seems like they are having some issues dealing with so many new websites popping up.
The Search Engine Of The Future: Mobility Has A Pricetag
We all know the ease of using a search engine to garner information from around the world in microseconds. We've gotten accustomed to accessing these for the price of our hookup to the internet, be it dial-up, cable or wireless.
Reciprocal Links to Boost Link Popularity ?
Link popularity means the number of incoming links pointing to your website. This is one of the criterical factor that rank the search results.
Search Engines: Different Types, Different Strategies
There are four basic types of Search Engines: Free Search EnginesPay-For-Inclusion Search EnginesPay-Per-Click (PPC) Search EnginesDirectories Because each type does things a little differently, you need to adapt your strategy to take advantage of their differences.Free Search EnginesYou can submit your pages to these engines free, but be careful.
Search Engine Optimization Strategies Guaranteed to Skyrocket your Rankings
The point of optimizing your website is so that you will get ranked higher in the search engines and receive more visitors to your site. As a result, you will increase sales and revenue.
Choosing your Meta-Keywords
Introduction This article assumes you already know what a 'meta-tag keyword' is and know a little about their importance to search engines. In this article I will attempt to explain the art of choosing the most appropriate and best performing keywords for your web pages.
9 Ways to Keep Google Happy
A recent Google patent application has the SEO community buzzing. At a bare minimum this document reveals the direction Google is taking its future search criteria.
Should You Be Linking for Traffic or Rankings?
Just for a change, rather than a technical article, I would like to tell you a story. To begin, imagine your website is a little country bar, now let's go back to when the internet began, and reciprocal linking was being done properly.
SEO Tips for Google
Getting a high ranking on Google is a big achievement. There are many factors that go into pulling a high page rank.
Google Wireless - Search Away From Home
For so many web surfers, it's almost automatic to type Google.com in to our address bar when we want to search.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it.
Free Search Engine Advertising: 10 Secret Ways To Indirectly Race To The Top Of Search Engines
Do you have a website that has little or no rankings in the major Search Engines: Yahoo. Msn, Aol, Netscape, Alltheweb and Google?Are you making little or no sales because you're getting little or no traffics?Welcome to the club.
What Is Search Engine Marketing?
It's in our genes, we're driven to seek. We 'hunt' for food, homes, partners, jobs and lately - with the advent of the Internet - information.
Pay-per-click - the Ultimate Tool to Boost Affiliate Sales
The old ways are not always the best ways.The traditional model of making money from affiliate products was simple.
Complete Web-Site Optimization For Search Engines (Part 1)
SEO or search engine optimization strategy now becomes widely popular among online business operators. Nothing strange about it as it allows to substantially increase your gross income, as a result of growing traffic or visitors flow.
Types of Links
Internal Linking - An introductionThe web as they call it is a mesh of links. The wired world is now being counted for what it is.
The Easiest Way to Your Google Sitemap
Google Sitemaps is a new tool for website owners and publishers, released by Google themselves. It allows you to submit a sitemap (a document that contains links to every page of your site) from your own homepage in .
What All Top Google Websites Have in Common
While it is okay to admire and envy all those sites enjoy top ranking with leading search engines like Google, it is much more important to study these sites closely. You will definitely end up learning a lot that will prove to be very useful in helping you take your own site to the top of Google rankings.
|home | site map|