Improve Search Engine Rankings - The Real Deal!
Ok, here's the deal, follow these steps and shoot me if your rankings doesn't improve. I know that there's been so many articles on how to improve your search engine rankings but most of them are either incomplete or untrue. So I've put up a list of what works best to improve your rankings and I'm telling you now this works but it's no walk in the park.
1. Long before you register your domain, start creating pages. You have to write at least 50 pages with real content for your initial website. If you register your domain before creating pages, it would take you at least a month before you could create those 50 content rich pages (well of course that is assuming that you're not an english major grad. or a person with an IQ of 160) and you don't want your new website to be seen bared for that long.
2. For domain names, choose a catchy one word, easy to write, easy to type, easy to spell, easy to remember, easy on everything domain name like yahoo, google or webomania. Keywords domain (like bestoranges.com or workwhilesleeping.com) are way out today. They may still have some effects on rankings but not as much as they were not so long ago. Besides, if you think of it, the best and most popular websites have branded names, like yahoo, google, msn, amazon, nba, nike, and this goes on and on...
3. When designing your webpages always remember the popular verse, simplicity is the best policy! or was that honesty? anyway the point is, the simpler your webpages is the better in many ways.
Firstly, it would be more readable to your audience. Lots of clutters in your pages (like banners and heavy graphics) would defocus the attention of your audience from your content. Sometimes (or maybe all of the time) when a person looks at a webpage and see lots of distraction, he would leave your site immediately without even reading your content.
Thirdly, your webpages should be compatible with any web browsers out there in the entire universe! Seriously, with lots of different web browsers being used in the internet, your pages should be compatible with all of them. Of course, the simpler your webpages is, the more uncomplicated it is. And the more uncomplicated it is, the better for any web browsers however simple or complicated they may be! Are my sentences getting complicated?
Fourthly, a more simple webpage means less graphics, less codes and less kilobytes. This means (if you didn't get it) your webpages would load much faster and in the world of internet, speed isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING! Take Google for example.
Lastly, (this is my favorite) a simpler website is easier to make. So why spend hours on creating a single page that would hurt your audience eyes from reading, be rejected by search engines, be uncompatible with different web browsers and loads forever when you can make it in minutes with much better result?
4. "Content is King" which has been said so many times already (my ears are begginning to bleed on this phrase) couldn't be more true. Search engines loves hard-written, quality content. Build one page of content with at least 200 words per day. Timely and in demand articles are best. Learn to write web style. Use short sentences. Lots of breaks. Something that would be read quickly. People don't really read articles, they scan them. Use humor to not bore your readers. Try not to use complicated words (unless your site is about english major or scientific names), if it exceeds three syllables, its complicated. Remember, not all your audience are good in english and will appreciate your english expertise. If you're not sure about your content's readability ask your seven-year old son, or brother, or neighbor to read your content and ask if he understands.
5. Keyword Positions and Density. Use your keyword once in the title, description tag, headings, url, alt, bold, italic, at the beggining of your content and at the ending of your content. Choose a keyword density of 5-12 percent but never ever compromise grammar. Spelling is equally becoming important today as search engines are gearing towards auto correction.
6. Links. Make sure that you don't have any broken links within your site. All pages should be within reach from the root or at least 2 levels deep. Important pages should be linked from as much pages of your website. Your homepage should be linked on all pages of your website.
For exchange links, link only with websites that are within your topic. It is also quite helpful if you can get exchange links with websites in your niche that has a higher ranking than you. Here's a good idea, search for your niche in DMOZ and mail each websites listed in there for an exchange links.
For outbound links, use your keyword to link to a high ranking site. Make sure that you link to a relevant site with the keyword you use.
7. For hosting, if you have the budget, go for a private hosting with a stand alone ip.
8. Directories. Submit to DMOZ and Yahoo. Getting an inclusion here is weight heavily by SE specially by google. If you have the money pay for a submission to Yahoo for a faster review. Submit to other directories that you can find.
9. Search Engines Submission. Submit your homepage to Google, Yahoo, MSN, Lycos. You can submit to other search engines but it's not worth the effort. These 4 generates more than 90 percent of search results. Submit only once per 3 months. Submitting too much may ban your site. Dont panic if your site isn't indexed in a few months. Some are lucky if they're indexed within six months.
10. When your site do get indexed, make sure it is crawled entirely. If not, check your links.
11. Log and track your visitors. Study your log files. They are valuable. See where visitors are entering, going and exiting your site. If they're not going to important pages, tweak your design. If they're exiting abnormally on one page see why. Know what keywords visitors are using to reach your site. Build specific contents about those keywords.
12. Promoting your website. Use forums to advertise your site. Create articles and pass it around freely (with your url attached ofcourse). If you have the budget, use PPC advertising. $.5 per visitors might hurt you but if you're confident about the quality and content of your website, that person's next visit would be free.
You should also promote your website offline. Print your url on almost anywhere you can. Use your car, ballpens, jackets, t-shirt, freebies and giveaways. If you can, use the media. It might sound trickier but it is equally important. People would find your website more important when they see it on tangible objects.
After doing all those twelve steps, the last and hardest thing to do is wait. Be patient, no web sites are a one night success these days. Sleep and recharge for you have done a good job and soon, success would be yours. Goodluck!
http://www.webomania.org - website development and promotion
You can publish this article anywhere provided you do not alter anything.
An SEO guide to audience research and content analysis Search Engine Land
The Key To SEO Success: Effortless Expectation Setting [Podcast] Search Engine Journal
Matt Clough named an SEO and operations editor The Washington Post
Is the SEO Industry Dying? Entrepreneur
Baseline analysis for your SEO strategy Search Engine Land
Google's digital marketing course offers bad SEO advice Search Engine Land
4 technical SEO tasks that are critical to organic success Search Engine Land
Link building: the least favorite part of SEO Search Engine Land
4 Key Areas Of International SEO Focus For Entering A New Market Search Engine Journal
How to gain insider expertise as an outside SEO vendor in 4 steps Search Engine Land
Mastering SEO Within Google's SERPs [Podcast] Search Engine Journal
How Does Google Multisearch Affect SEO? Search Engine Journal
How HTTP/3 Helps Feed SEO's Need For Speed Search Engine Journal
Enterprise SEO Buy-in: 7 Essential Tips For Winning The Long Game Search Engine Journal
How to analyze your SEO competitors and find opportunities Search Engine Land
11 breadcrumb SEO best practices for a mobile-first strategy Search Engine Land
How to handle unprofessional SEO treatment: tips and guidelines Search Engine Land
Virtual environment optimization (VEO): The next evolution of SEO? Search Engine Land
What is Off-page SEO? | HTMLGoodies.com HTML Goodies
How to choose an SEO agency? Sprout Wired
5 ways to use the Wayback Machine for SEO Search Engine Land
How to get reviews for local SEO: The must-do list Search Engine Land
Top 10 SEO Priorities For Your First Week As A New Marketing Manager Search Engine Journal
How Do Location Landing Pages Work in SEO? Entrepreneur
Seo Ji Hye Glimpses An Inexplicably Romantic Future With Her Boss Yoon Kye Sang In “Kiss Sixth Sense” - soompi
Seo Ji Hye Glimpses An Inexplicably Romantic Future With Her Boss Yoon Kye Sang In “Kiss Sixth Sense” soompi
Can AI Perform SEO? Experimenting With OpenAI's GPT-3 Search Engine Journal
What 1,000 food blog audits has taught me about SEO Search Engine Land
'Eve' - Seo Ye Ji's New Kdrama Gets Official Release Date, Teaser Trailer, Synopsis and more - The West News
'Eve' - Seo Ye Ji's New Kdrama Gets Official Release Date, Teaser Trailer, Synopsis and more The West News
The Best SEO Web Hosting Providers: May 2022 Business 2 Community
Seo Hyun Jin, Hwang In Yeop, Bae In Hyuk & Huh Joon Ho pose in new character posters for ‘Why Her?’ - PINKVILLA
Seo Hyun Jin, Hwang In Yeop, Bae In Hyuk & Huh Joon Ho pose in new character posters for ‘Why Her?’ PINKVILLA
Yang Hyun Suk protests the delay of the 5th open trial while the prosecution denies it was intentional - allkpop
Yang Hyun Suk protests the delay of the 5th open trial while the prosecution denies it was intentional allkpop
Online Advantages Charlotte SEO, a Full Service Digital Marketing Company in Charlotte NC, Offers its Cli - Benzinga
Online Advantages Charlotte SEO, a Full Service Digital Marketing Company in Charlotte NC, Offers its Cli Benzinga
BTS ARMY is confused after Choi Woo-shik and Park Seo-joon share similar golfing posts; fans hear V’s voice in the video - The Indian Express
BTS ARMY is confused after Choi Woo-shik and Park Seo-joon share similar golfing posts; fans hear V’s voice in the video The Indian Express
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market Size, Trends and Forecast to 2029 | Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google, KW Finder, MOZ, SEMRush, SpyFu, Yoast SEO, Siteliner and Bonus Tool. – SMU Daily Mustang - SMU Daily Mustang
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market Size, Trends and Forecast to 2029 | Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, Google, KW Finder, MOZ, SEMRush, SpyFu, Yoast SEO, Siteliner and Bonus Tool. – SMU Daily Mustang SMU Daily Mustang
'Why Her?': Hwang In-youp Stars Alongside Seo Hyun-ji in a Mystery K-Drama With an Age-Gap Romance - Showbiz Cheat Sheet
'Why Her?': Hwang In-youp Stars Alongside Seo Hyun-ji in a Mystery K-Drama With an Age-Gap Romance Showbiz Cheat Sheet
How To Empower Content Teams With Real-Time Log File Insights Search Engine Journal
Weebly SEO: Features, Limitations & Tips For Optimizing Your Site Search Engine Journal
Does Word Count Really Matter For SEO Content? Search Engine Journal
25 Unique SEO Tactics That Deliver Big Results Search Engine Journal
9 Local SEO Tips From Top Experts Search Engine Journal
Where Do We Even Begin With SEO For A Startup? Search Engine Journal
Could SEO Permanently Ruin Your Website? Entrepreneur
5 Key On-Page Optimizations For Local SEO Search Engine Journal
How to Pick the Most SEO Friendly CMS For Your Website [Podcast] Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? ITProPortal
Local SEO For Beginners: Getting Started Search Engine Journal
Enterprise SEO: Lessons from 20 years in the trenches Search Engine Land
As SEO becomes more complex, it involves more considerations than SEOs enjoyed in the “ten blue links” era - Search Engine Land
As SEO becomes more complex, it involves more considerations than SEOs enjoyed in the “ten blue links” era Search Engine Land
One Month With $3,000 In SEO Budget For A Local Business Search Engine Journal
7 reasons why people believe SEO myths Search Engine Land
How Google algorithm updates impact your SEO Smartbrief
Google On The SEO Value Of User Comments On Websites Search Engine Journal
Impactful SEO Reporting: My Most Difficult Lessons Learned Search Engine Journal
Bing Announces All In One SEO And IndexNow Integration Search Engine Journal
Internal Linking is Super Critical For SEO Search Engine Journal
The Only Shopify SEO Checklist You Need To Rank Your Site Search Engine Journal
5 On-Page SEO Factors To Check In Underperforming Content Search Engine Journal
Amazon SEO: A Comprehensive Guide For Sellers Search Engine Journal
SEO Best Practice for Alt Text Search Engine Journal
SEO Tips For Cleaning Professionals CleanLink
How To Improve SEO Results With AI-Based Search Engine Modeling Search Engine Journal
Evolution Of The Web: 4 Future Enterprise SEO Considerations Search Engine Journal
Google On How To Improve SEO Audits Search Engine Journal
Online SEO Courses to Take On Your Own Time Small Business Trends
Enterprise SEO Site Structure: 14 Essential Optimizations Search Engine Journal
3 Ways Amazon SEO Can Go Wrong Entrepreneur
The 3 Components of Success in a Holistic SEO Plan Entrepreneur
Seasonal SEO Tips & Examples For Year-Round Search Improvements Search Engine Journal
How customer reviews can improve your SEO efforts Search Engine Land
Keyword Gaps Are SEO Opportunities Practical Ecommerce
The Ultimate SEO Content Creation Guide Search Engine Journal
5 Ways to Make Money With SEO in 2022 Entrepreneur
Does Members-Only or Gated Content Have SEO Value? Search Engine Journal
How To Create A Winning Local SEO Content Strategy Search Engine Journal
10 News SEO Tips from The New York Times' Christine Liang Search Engine Journal
How Google Trends Improves SEO Practical Ecommerce
Do You Have an SEO Triage Plan? 11 Things to Check Search Engine Journal
Google: No SEO Bonus For Keyword-Based Domains Search Engine Journal
7 Local SEO Updates That Will Impact Your 2022 Planning Search Engine Journal
Video SEO: 10 Steps to Optimizing Videos for Search and Discovery Search Engine Journal
The State of SEO Report Search Engine Journal
Build A Solid Foundation For SEO With Web Accessibility Requirements Search Engine Journal
4-Step SEO Waltz: Tackle SEO Challenges Head-On Search Engine Journal
SEO dos and don'ts of website migration Search Engine Land
Google, Adsense, SEO, and How It All Works
Google uses an algorithm to determine the search engine results (SERPS). The algorithm is based upon certain factors that include keyword density, Meta Tags, anchor tags, image tags, back links, etc etc etc.
3 Principles Of Google
When online "Use it. Use it.
Is Google Having a Tough Time with Their Website Limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thrown for a loop these days. As Google updates their results, it seems like they are having some issues dealing with so many new websites popping up.
The Search Engine Of The Future: Mobility Has A Pricetag
We all know the ease of using a search engine to garner information from around the world in microseconds. We've gotten accustomed to accessing these for the price of our hookup to the internet, be it dial-up, cable or wireless.
Reciprocal Links to Boost Link Popularity ?
Link popularity means the number of incoming links pointing to your website. This is one of the criterical factor that rank the search results.
Search Engines: Different Types, Different Strategies
There are four basic types of Search Engines: Free Search EnginesPay-For-Inclusion Search EnginesPay-Per-Click (PPC) Search EnginesDirectories Because each type does things a little differently, you need to adapt your strategy to take advantage of their differences.Free Search EnginesYou can submit your pages to these engines free, but be careful.
Search Engine Optimization Strategies Guaranteed to Skyrocket your Rankings
The point of optimizing your website is so that you will get ranked higher in the search engines and receive more visitors to your site. As a result, you will increase sales and revenue.
Choosing your Meta-Keywords
Introduction This article assumes you already know what a 'meta-tag keyword' is and know a little about their importance to search engines. In this article I will attempt to explain the art of choosing the most appropriate and best performing keywords for your web pages.
9 Ways to Keep Google Happy
A recent Google patent application has the SEO community buzzing. At a bare minimum this document reveals the direction Google is taking its future search criteria.
Should You Be Linking for Traffic or Rankings?
Just for a change, rather than a technical article, I would like to tell you a story. To begin, imagine your website is a little country bar, now let's go back to when the internet began, and reciprocal linking was being done properly.
SEO Tips for Google
Getting a high ranking on Google is a big achievement. There are many factors that go into pulling a high page rank.
Google Wireless - Search Away From Home
For so many web surfers, it's almost automatic to type Google.com in to our address bar when we want to search.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it.
Free Search Engine Advertising: 10 Secret Ways To Indirectly Race To The Top Of Search Engines
Do you have a website that has little or no rankings in the major Search Engines: Yahoo. Msn, Aol, Netscape, Alltheweb and Google?Are you making little or no sales because you're getting little or no traffics?Welcome to the club.
What Is Search Engine Marketing?
It's in our genes, we're driven to seek. We 'hunt' for food, homes, partners, jobs and lately - with the advent of the Internet - information.
Pay-per-click - the Ultimate Tool to Boost Affiliate Sales
The old ways are not always the best ways.The traditional model of making money from affiliate products was simple.
Complete Web-Site Optimization For Search Engines (Part 1)
SEO or search engine optimization strategy now becomes widely popular among online business operators. Nothing strange about it as it allows to substantially increase your gross income, as a result of growing traffic or visitors flow.
Types of Links
Internal Linking - An introductionThe web as they call it is a mesh of links. The wired world is now being counted for what it is.
The Easiest Way to Your Google Sitemap
Google Sitemaps is a new tool for website owners and publishers, released by Google themselves. It allows you to submit a sitemap (a document that contains links to every page of your site) from your own homepage in .
What All Top Google Websites Have in Common
While it is okay to admire and envy all those sites enjoy top ranking with leading search engines like Google, it is much more important to study these sites closely. You will definitely end up learning a lot that will prove to be very useful in helping you take your own site to the top of Google rankings.
|home | site map|