Search Engine Optimization for Everyone
There are many facets to SEO and the search engines continually change their methods of indexing sites to help prevent the same sites from staying up in the ranks all the time.
Here are some strategies we have personally used with our web design firm:
1. Google AdWords. This is an excellent and cost effective method of getting good search results. You set the maximum daily amount you would like to spend on your key words and phrases. Within the first month we were getting more client contacts through using AdWords.
2. Overture Keywords. This is a lot like AdWords, but we found that their system did not really allow you to set a daily limit to how much you wanted to spend and it quickly got out of hand with some of the phrases we had chosen! Still, it was pretty cost effective in the grand scheme of things.
3. Yahoo Regional Directories. Once you are able to get your site indexed by the Yahoo Regional Directories, I think you stay in there for good! We've been in there for years now and continue to get clients who found us through this directory. (And it is free to submit your site.)
4. Keywords / Description / Alt Tags / Title Tags / Page Content. All the big SEO companies rely heavily on these 5 things - all of which are contained in the code of your web pages. However, with a little research, you could do these yourself (or have it done by your web designer). A few great tools to help you with this task are: Overture Keyword Selector Tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/), Google Suggestion Tool (http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en), Meta Tag Analyzer (http://www.iboost.com/tools/meta_tag_analyzer.htm), and Keyword Density Analyzer (http://www.keyworddensity.com/).
The main benefit to hiring a professional SEO company is that they work for you to constantly update your keywords, etc. and submit your URL to search engines. They know exactly how many of each keyword to use, etc. And this is often a service worth paying for if optimization is a real concern in your industry. A good SEO company will also stay up on what the search engines are doing and change their tactics accordingly. They will also never use an "illegal" tactics that could get you banned from the search engine. Be wary of companies that "guarantee top 10 placement". I recommend http://www.submitsolutions.com.
5. Online Directories. Submitting your website URL to free online directories is a great avenue of promotion. One way you can find directories is to use Google or another search engine and type in "(type of your business) online directories". Some that come up may ask for a small amount to list your site. If they do, you should always contact them and ask them for more information such as how many unique visits their directories get per month to see if the price is a good value.
6. Open Directory Project. http://www.dmoz.org The ODP is one of the main sources the the Googlebot uses to find new websites. This is a human-maintained directory - meaning that when you submit your URL, an actual person reviews your submission to decide if the site is appropriate, etc. It may take some time to get your site indexed by the ODP, but once it is, you should not have to keep sending your links.
7. Blog. Having a Blog on your website is a great way to attract visitors to your site with fresh content. And the search engines love content rich blog pages. There are free services out there such as http://www.blogger.com, http://www.blog-city.com, http://www.livejournal.com and many more that allow you to sign up for a free blog. Of course the best way to blog to have the blog "software" actually installed on your site. This is something your web designer/programmer could do for you. I highly recommend sBlog (http://servous.se/) as a free php based Blog script (you will need php and a MySQL database installed with your web hosting service to run this).
8. Submit to Google and Yahoo. These two are the top dogs in the search engine world and both still accept FREE submissions. For Yahoo, you must go through the categories until you find the most appropriate one for your website. For Google, you can go to the following URL to submit your site: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
9. Print advertising. Many companies forget that print advertising is still a very valid way to get visitors to your website. Although this can get costly, even having your URL printed on your business cards, letterheads and envelopes is considered print advertising.
10. Be the best you can be. It sounds simple, but a lot of people get so wrapped up in SEO that they neglect the quality of their website. Remember that your website reflects your business and should offer a professional, high quality appearance and useful content. No matter what your business is, your visitors will be more inclined to stick around or make a purchase if your site is easy to navigation, has useful information, and looks professional.
I also highly recommend visiting Site Pro News (http://www.sitepronews.com) and signing up for their free newsletter. They have the most up to date info on SEO.
Sherry Holub is the Lead Designer and Manager at Southern California design firm, JV Media Design. http://www.jvmediadesign.com
SEMrush vs Ahrefs (2020): Review & Comparison of Top SEO Tools Published by Instructify - Business Wire
SEMrush vs Ahrefs (2020): Review & Comparison of Top SEO Tools Published by Instructify Business Wire
Learn Facebook Ads, SEO, Google Analytics, and More in this $40 Digital Marketing Bootcamp - Entrepreneur
Learn Facebook Ads, SEO, Google Analytics, and More in this $40 Digital Marketing Bootcamp Entrepreneur
You're Likely Missing Out on Google Traffic. Boost Your SEO with This Budget-Friendly Tool. - Entrepreneur
You're Likely Missing Out on Google Traffic. Boost Your SEO with This Budget-Friendly Tool. Entrepreneur
Why & How Content Pruning Helps Your SEO Search Engine Journal
You Don't Have to Code to Be Great at SEO Search Engine Journal
Google SEO 101: Page Speed Optimization Search Engine Journal
SEO Audit Checklist: 9 Page-Level Factors to Assess Search Engine Journal
5 Best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Business 2 Community
15 Most Common Enterprise SEO Job Requirements Search Engine Journal
The Importance of Geo-Targeting in SEO and Ways to Go About the Process Business 2 Community
How to Build & Scale a Program for Global SEO Success Search Engine Journal
10 On-Site Technical SEO Factors to Assess in an SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
Common Shopify SEO pitfalls and how to avoid them Search Engine Land
Ahrefs vs. SEMrush vs. Ubersuggest: Which SEO Tool Should You Choose? Business 2 Community
What SEO Strategies Should You Be Using Right Now? Digital Information World
Feedback optimization: A user-first approach to SEO Search Engine Land
SEO for Images: See What You’re Missing in Your Visual Search Strategy Search Engine Journal
Google SEO 101: Mobile-First Indexing Problems Search Engine Journal
Google SEO 101: Website Crawl Budget Explained Search Engine Journal
Extra Structured Data Could Be Useful for SEO Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? Business 2 Community
Off-Site SEO: Key Elements & Tactics | Marketing Infographic MarketingProfs.com
Chicago Website Design SEO Company Now Offering SEO Services In Anaheim, California - StreetInsider.com
Chicago Website Design SEO Company Now Offering SEO Services In Anaheim, California StreetInsider.com
10 Website Content Factors You Must Check During an SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
How is SEM related to SEO? AZ Big Media
Top 7 SEO Tips For 2020 For Business Owners Business 2 Community
How to Evaluate Content Length in an SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
Chicago Website Design SEO Company Now Offering Web Design And SEO Services In Tampa, Florida - StreetInsider.com
Chicago Website Design SEO Company Now Offering Web Design And SEO Services In Tampa, Florida StreetInsider.com
Use SEO to Overcome Crisis - business.com Business.com
How to Improve SEO Agency-Client Communications & Relationships Search Engine Journal
Google Says Lighthouse Header Order Suggestion Isn't For SEO Search Engine Roundtable
New Solar Energy Optics Off Grid Energy Independence
6 Best Hacks For SEO Managers Business 2 Community
11 Domain Factors You Must Evaluate During an SEO Audit Search Engine Journal
How Can I Set Up an SEO Agency? Search Engine Journal
Google rich results test tool adds support for article structured data Search Engine Land
Should You Buy & Redirect Expired Domains? Search Engine Journal
Top 10 Best Tools to Control Your SEO Rankings Business 2 Community
What is SEO Copywriting (and Why it's Important in Ranking Well on Search Engines)? - Business 2 Community
What is SEO Copywriting (and Why it's Important in Ranking Well on Search Engines)? Business 2 Community
SEO in Uganda: How to Appeal to a Digital Audience PC Tech Magazine
Video: Microsoft Bing, Google Algorithm Shifts & More SEO Topics Search Engine Roundtable
Best Wordpress SEO tools in 2020 TechRadar
All in One SEO Pack Vulnerability - New Exploit Search Engine Journal
SEO Service Provider Services Market Comprehensive Analysis, Share, Growth Forecast from 2020 to 2025 - CueReport
SEO Service Provider Services Market Comprehensive Analysis, Share, Growth Forecast from 2020 to 2025 CueReport
SEO Checklist: The Positive & Negative Signals You Need to Know About [Infographic] - Social Media Today
SEO Checklist: The Positive & Negative Signals You Need to Know About [Infographic] Social Media Today
SEO Service Provider Services Market to Witness Growth Acceleration During 2020- - News.MarketSizeForecasters.com
SEO Service Provider Services Market to Witness Growth Acceleration During 2020- News.MarketSizeForecasters.com
The 11 Most Important Hard & Soft Skills Marketers Need to Have Search Engine Journal
The Ultimate eCommerce SEO Checklist Business 2 Community
Why Google Shows Black Doctors in a Search for White Ones Search Engine Journal
Seo Ye-ji gives us wardrobe envy in It’s Okay to Not Be Okay South China Morning Post
It’s Okay to Not Be Okay: star-crossed lovers face terrible memories South China Morning Post
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020 Growth Analysis 2027 and Top Performing Players – AgencyAnalytics, Marketing 360, SpyFu, Website Rocket, SE Ranking, etc. - Bulletin Line
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020 Growth Analysis 2027 and Top Performing Players – AgencyAnalytics, Marketing 360, SpyFu, Website Rocket, SE Ranking, etc. Bulletin Line
Local SEO Tools & Software Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 - AlgosOnline
Local SEO Tools & Software Market Incredible Possibilities, Growth Analysis and Forecast To 2025 AlgosOnline
Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020 Analysis by Latest COVID19/CORONA Virus Impact with Market Positioning of Key Vendors: Linkody, Moz Pro, WordStream, SpyFu, AgencyAnalytics, etc. | InForGrowth - Bulletin Line
Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020 Analysis by Latest COVID19/CORONA Virus Impact with Market Positioning of Key Vendors: Linkody, Moz Pro, WordStream, SpyFu, AgencyAnalytics, etc. | InForGrowth Bulletin Line
Global Paid Search Tools Market : WordStream(US), Moz(US), SEO Book(Greece), LinkResearchTools(Austria), SpyFu(US), SEMrush(US) - Owned
Global Paid Search Tools Market : WordStream(US), Moz(US), SEO Book(Greece), LinkResearchTools(Austria), SpyFu(US), SEMrush(US) Owned
SEO Software Market Growing Popularity and Emerging Trends | Linkdex, BrightEdge, Conductor, SpyFu - Owned
SEO Software Market Growing Popularity and Emerging Trends | Linkdex, BrightEdge, Conductor, SpyFu Owned
Han Seo Hee released from detention after court turns down request to cancel her probation - allkpop
6 Effective SEO Tips for Beginners BOSS Magazine
What Korean celebrities like Kim Soo-hyun looked like growing up South China Morning Post
SEO: Back To Basics Forbes
SEO: Why It Matters in Today's Market RisMedia.com
How to Overhaul Your SEO Strategy for Just $50 Entrepreneur
10 SEO Tips to Implement in 2020 SmarterCX
The 3 Types of SEO Reports You Should Be Building in 2020 Search Engine Journal
The 10 Commandments Of SEO Forbes
Secrets That Make SEO Work Best 04/13/2020 MediaPost Communications
Design: Making SEO Look Good Forbes
SEO in 2020: What Basics You Need to Know to Be Successful Search Engine Journal
10 Things to look for Before You Hire a Local SEO Agency For Your Business Business 2 Community
SEO, Content, and Email Work Better Combined Practical Ecommerce
SEO in 2020: Going Beyond Google Search Engine Journal
6 Ways to Know If Your SEO Is Broken Practical Ecommerce
Global SEO Software Market 2020 – Impact of COVID-19, Future Growth Analysis and Challenges | BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext - Galus Australis
Global SEO Software Market 2020 – Impact of COVID-19, Future Growth Analysis and Challenges | BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext Galus Australis
LSI and Link Popularity
When Paypal's official Web site no longer ranked #1 in Google on a search for "paypal," it was obvious that Google had become more aggressive in penalizing sites with "unnatural" backlink anchor text. Although the high-profile Paypal example has since been rectified, thousands of webmasters are suffering the consequences of not ranking for even their official company name, let alone their top keywords.
How to REALLY Profit from SEO
I want to give you a few more things to think about as you excel and grow in the craft of search engine marketing. If you are anything like me, you were hooked the first time you really made a difference to someone else's success.
Learn about the Google Search Engine Tools
Think you know everything about searching with Google? Think again. Believe it or not, there are many tools and features available on Google that can be useful for marketing research as well as wasting time.
7 Steps to Highly Relevant, Search Engine Friendly, and People Useful Web Site Content
The task is to build a Content Rich Search Friendly and People Friendly Web Site Quickly. These 7 Steps will show you how with about 10 Hours work you can build over 50 pages of rich, Search Engine relevant content for your web SiteStep 1 - What is Your Web Site's Main ThemeThis is a Fairly easy step.
The Write to Link Popularity
Incorporating writing as a means of boosting your link popularity can be a turnoff for many webmasters, when in fact it can lead to a wealth of links.I first learnt about link popularity while researching about many different methods that I could use to market a Geocities site I had.
What is Your Sales Message?
So you built a website, you have a product, but it's not selling. What's your sales message? Does your site scream out to potential customers "BUY ME!!" or does it simply say "Hi, we're here, we have a product, if you want one.
Reciprocal Linking Scams, What to Look for and How to Avoid Them
Reciprocal linking scams have increased immensely during the past year. Initially we thought that this problem only related to gambling and casino related websites but an audit of our commercial link partners suggests that it is a serious problem within the broader online community.
Get Listed in Google Without Submitting Your Site
With Google delivering so much traffic, it is only normal to be eager to submit your page and have it indexed as soon as possible. However, submitting your page is not your only option, and it's not the best one.
SEO - Are You Making The Search Engines Mad?
If you've been involved in SEO (search engine optimization) for a while, you may remember the time when you could create a web page and get it ranked at the top of any search engine with little effort.All you had to do was load up the page with the keywords you wanted to rank high for, make sure your meta tags were stuffed with those same keywords, submit the page and within a few days or weeks you've captured a top 20 or even top 10 result.
SEO = Search Engine Optimization, tips on successful page ranking
One of the key things to remember when developing your web-site presence is to always evaluate your competition. See what's working for them; how they market their products and services, and even evaluate their KEYWORD and DISCRIPTION tags.
Click Click Boom: a Linking Strategy that will Blow Away Your Competition
Web marketers, do you hear what I hear?"Click-click BOOM"That's the sound of your new linking strategy that's going to positively blow your competition clear out of the water.Click-click BOOM.
Submitting to the Search Engines and WebCrawlers
When you want your brand new site to be indexed into major search engines, you usually go to their free submit page and submit your website, correct? Seems like the right thing to do, right?Well, many people fail to realize that not submitting your site is usually better than actually submitting it.Let, me explain.
SEO (search engine optimization) is a booming businees these days. Everyone wants to obtain top rankings in google, yahoo, and msn.
Google, Yahoo!, Pandoras Box And The Lottery
In the fall of 1990, the musical group Snap had a monster number one hit record called, "I've Got The Power."Nowadays, a search engine and a directory (AKA) Google and Yahoo!--number one and number two respectively, have "the power," and we handed it to them on a silver platter.
SEO Training - Avoid Making this Costly Mistake!
SEO training can be overwhelming. There are literally hundreds of factors that go into search engine ranking on today's major search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN.
Every Search Engine Robot Needs Validation
Your website is ready. Your content is in place, you have optimized your pages.
Submit All Of Your Pages And Watch Your Traffic Grow
Everyone is looking for "secrets" about how to get more qualified traffic to their web sites. What I'm going to share with you is no secret, however it is not practiced by very many companies or individuals.
SEO Tips - Google Has Changed - Learn Why And What To Do
Google now checks the year your domain name was first registered.This just makes sense.
Blogging, Spamming, and Blog Spam
Email marketing once proved to be immensely effective, but the greedy and idiotic polluted the well by spamming the planet with everything from weight-loss products to sexual enhancement drugs and beyond. Because of the stench, filters and laws have been created to attempt to fix the problem, but still the Internet is polluted with more and more junk each day.
A Play In The Sandbox Is Necessary
There has been a good deal written about the Google 'sandbox' effect, as it's known. It has been taking up a lot of forum and article space over the last few months.
|home | site map|