Search Engine Optimization for Everyone
There are many facets to SEO and the search engines continually change their methods of indexing sites to help prevent the same sites from staying up in the ranks all the time.
Here are some strategies we have personally used with our web design firm:
1. Google AdWords. This is an excellent and cost effective method of getting good search results. You set the maximum daily amount you would like to spend on your key words and phrases. Within the first month we were getting more client contacts through using AdWords.
2. Overture Keywords. This is a lot like AdWords, but we found that their system did not really allow you to set a daily limit to how much you wanted to spend and it quickly got out of hand with some of the phrases we had chosen! Still, it was pretty cost effective in the grand scheme of things.
3. Yahoo Regional Directories. Once you are able to get your site indexed by the Yahoo Regional Directories, I think you stay in there for good! We've been in there for years now and continue to get clients who found us through this directory. (And it is free to submit your site.)
4. Keywords / Description / Alt Tags / Title Tags / Page Content. All the big SEO companies rely heavily on these 5 things - all of which are contained in the code of your web pages. However, with a little research, you could do these yourself (or have it done by your web designer). A few great tools to help you with this task are: Overture Keyword Selector Tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/), Google Suggestion Tool (http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en), Meta Tag Analyzer (http://www.iboost.com/tools/meta_tag_analyzer.htm), and Keyword Density Analyzer (http://www.keyworddensity.com/).
The main benefit to hiring a professional SEO company is that they work for you to constantly update your keywords, etc. and submit your URL to search engines. They know exactly how many of each keyword to use, etc. And this is often a service worth paying for if optimization is a real concern in your industry. A good SEO company will also stay up on what the search engines are doing and change their tactics accordingly. They will also never use an "illegal" tactics that could get you banned from the search engine. Be wary of companies that "guarantee top 10 placement". I recommend http://www.submitsolutions.com.
5. Online Directories. Submitting your website URL to free online directories is a great avenue of promotion. One way you can find directories is to use Google or another search engine and type in "(type of your business) online directories". Some that come up may ask for a small amount to list your site. If they do, you should always contact them and ask them for more information such as how many unique visits their directories get per month to see if the price is a good value.
6. Open Directory Project. http://www.dmoz.org The ODP is one of the main sources the the Googlebot uses to find new websites. This is a human-maintained directory - meaning that when you submit your URL, an actual person reviews your submission to decide if the site is appropriate, etc. It may take some time to get your site indexed by the ODP, but once it is, you should not have to keep sending your links.
7. Blog. Having a Blog on your website is a great way to attract visitors to your site with fresh content. And the search engines love content rich blog pages. There are free services out there such as http://www.blogger.com, http://www.blog-city.com, http://www.livejournal.com and many more that allow you to sign up for a free blog. Of course the best way to blog to have the blog "software" actually installed on your site. This is something your web designer/programmer could do for you. I highly recommend sBlog (http://servous.se/) as a free php based Blog script (you will need php and a MySQL database installed with your web hosting service to run this).
8. Submit to Google and Yahoo. These two are the top dogs in the search engine world and both still accept FREE submissions. For Yahoo, you must go through the categories until you find the most appropriate one for your website. For Google, you can go to the following URL to submit your site: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
9. Print advertising. Many companies forget that print advertising is still a very valid way to get visitors to your website. Although this can get costly, even having your URL printed on your business cards, letterheads and envelopes is considered print advertising.
10. Be the best you can be. It sounds simple, but a lot of people get so wrapped up in SEO that they neglect the quality of their website. Remember that your website reflects your business and should offer a professional, high quality appearance and useful content. No matter what your business is, your visitors will be more inclined to stick around or make a purchase if your site is easy to navigation, has useful information, and looks professional.
I also highly recommend visiting Site Pro News (http://www.sitepronews.com) and signing up for their free newsletter. They have the most up to date info on SEO.
Sherry Holub is the Lead Designer and Manager at Southern California design firm, JV Media Design. http://www.jvmediadesign.com
Denver-based Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing Company Boulder SEO Marketing to Join Forces with Bubbl - Benzinga
Denver-based Search Engine Optimization and Digital Marketing Company Boulder SEO Marketing to Join Forces with Bubbl Benzinga
How to become an SEO expert for less than $30 Android Central
SEO in 2020: Going Beyond Google Search Engine Journal
When Do You 'Need' SEO? Forbes
5 of the Most Complex SEO Problems & How to Fix Them Search Engine Journal
This SEO training can make you the high-paid expert who truly knows digital marketing. - The Next Web
Google’s SEO Best Practices Summed Up in New Video Search Engine Journal
Build SEO seasonality projections with Google Trends in Python Search Engine Land
How Hackers May Be Hurting Your SEO Search Engine Journal
I Love SEO: 10 Reasons Why We 💘 SEO Search Engine Journal
Scalable SEO Strategies to Boost Category Pages Practical Ecommerce
Managing SEO for Non-SEOs: 3 Simple Tips Search Engine Journal
Long Tail Keywords and SEO Search Engine Journal
A Major Hollywood Studio Turns to SEO to Boost Ticket Sales Search Engine Journal
How BERT is helping SEO agencies focus on collaboration strategies Search Engine Land
Enterprise SEO: Planning Your 2020 SEO Strategy Search Engine Journal
How to Unlock Your Hidden SEO Potential Like Never Before with Botify Search Engine Journal
Google Video SEO Explained: On Page, Multimedia, Black Hat & Search Console - Search Engine Roundtable
Google Video SEO Explained: On Page, Multimedia, Black Hat & Search Console Search Engine Roundtable
How to Beat Big Brands in SEO Search Engine Journal
SEO: When to Scale (or Not) Practical Ecommerce
10 Tips for Mastering Your SEO Content in 2020 Search Engine Journal
Google’s SEO job description highlights importance of collaborating with multiple teams - Search Engine Land
Google’s SEO job description highlights importance of collaborating with multiple teams Search Engine Land
Microsoft Lists SEO as the Most Important Hard Skill for Marketers Search Engine Journal
6 Ways to Know If Your SEO Is Broken Practical Ecommerce
How Will AI Change the Future of SEO? ReadWrite
Best SEO WhaTech
Warner Bros. renamed the Harley Quinn movie for better SEO Search Engine Land
SEO vs. PPC: When is the Right Time to Pay? Business 2 Community
Leverage Python and Google Cloud to extract meaningful SEO insights from server log data - Search Engine Land
Leverage Python and Google Cloud to extract meaningful SEO insights from server log data Search Engine Land
SEO Rules That E-commerce Businesses Should Now Ignore Times Square Chronicles
Citations & Local SEO: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide Search Engine Journal
How to Overcome Technical SEO Issues on a Budget Search Engine Journal
How Does Google's BERT Algorithm Update Affect Your Website's SEO? Business 2 Community
Which Is More Important On-Site SEO Or Off-Site SEO? | Invision Game Community - Invision Game Community
Which Is More Important On-Site SEO Or Off-Site SEO? | Invision Game Community Invision Game Community
Best Free Online SEO Training Courses in 2020 Search Engine Journal
Vlog #47: Rhea Drysdale On Saving Clients Money With SEO & Hyperlocal SEO Changes - Search Engine Roundtable
Vlog #47: Rhea Drysdale On Saving Clients Money With SEO & Hyperlocal SEO Changes Search Engine Roundtable
4 Hidden Hreflang Challenges for International SEO Search Engine Journal
Google Recommends Hiring SEOs in New ‘Search for Beginners’ Video Search Engine Journal
International Search Engine Optimization Expert Chris Raulf of Boulder SEO Marketing to Speak at XTM LIVE Silicon Valley on 19 March 2020 - MarTech Series
International Search Engine Optimization Expert Chris Raulf of Boulder SEO Marketing to Speak at XTM LIVE Silicon Valley on 19 March 2020 MarTech Series
The SEO Agency KPIs Dashboard: A Way to Unlock Growth Search Engine Journal
16 On-Page SEO Factors You Must Update On Your Blog At All Times Business 2 Community
Just 45% of SEO Specialists Feel Their Job is Secure Search Engine Journal
SEO 101: How to Optimize Your Content JumpFly PPC Advertising News
Iran's SEO reacts to FATF decision to blacklist Tehran Trend News Agency
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young's Romance Drama Reveals Intriguing Dynamics In Character Relationship Chart - soompi
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young's Romance Drama Reveals Intriguing Dynamics In Character Relationship Chart soompi
Rio SEO Announces New “Suggestion Engine” Feature to Its Enterprise Local Marketing Platform - MarTech Series
Rio SEO Announces New “Suggestion Engine” Feature to Its Enterprise Local Marketing Platform MarTech Series
Is the SEO industry right for you? Best in Australia
Does Seo Ji-hye of Crash Landing on You suit the chaebol heiress look? South China Morning Post
Update: Park Seo Joon, Lee Young Ae, And Jang Sung Kyu Donate To Daegu As City Combats COVID-19 - soompi
Update: Park Seo Joon, Lee Young Ae, And Jang Sung Kyu Donate To Daegu As City Combats COVID-19 soompi
Your domain name and its effect on your SEO ranking - RushPRnews.com
Francine Diaz And Seo Ji Hye Twinning Moments Cosmopolitan Philippines
Apink's Son Naeun And Lee Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Seo Ji Hye And Song Seung Heon In New Romance Drama - soompi
Apink's Son Naeun And Lee Ji Hoon Confirmed To Join Seo Ji Hye And Song Seung Heon In New Romance Drama soompi
Seo Ji Hye And Kim Jung Hyun Share Feelings For Each Other Amidst Danger In “Crash Landing On You” - soompi
Seo Ji Hye And Kim Jung Hyun Share Feelings For Each Other Amidst Danger In “Crash Landing On You” soompi
11 SEO Tactics to Optimize eBooks and White Papers Business 2 Community
SEO in 2020: What Basics You Need to Know to Be Successful Search Engine Journal
Park Min Young, Seo Kang Joon, And Lee Jae Wook Talk About How Well They Match Their Characters In New Drama - soompi
Park Min Young, Seo Kang Joon, And Lee Jae Wook Talk About How Well They Match Their Characters In New Drama soompi
SEO News: Google Axes Normal Snippets Internet Marketing News
What is SEO? businessjournaldaily.com
What Does It Mean to ‘Do SEO’? Search Engine Journal
SEO Strategy Guide: Beat Your Competition in 2020 Search Engine Journal
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Live In 2 Completely Different Worlds In Upcoming Romance Drama - soompi
Seo Kang Joon And Park Min Young Live In 2 Completely Different Worlds In Upcoming Romance Drama soompi
10 SEO Optimizations Learned from Website Audits [Infographic] Social Media Today
5 Ways SEO & Web Design Go Together Search Engine Journal
Park Shin Hye And Jeon Jong Seo Show The Vastly Different Highs And Lows Of Their Characters In Upcoming Thriller - soompi
Park Shin Hye And Jeon Jong Seo Show The Vastly Different Highs And Lows Of Their Characters In Upcoming Thriller soompi
3 Places for SEO Beginners to Focus Their Time Search Engine Journal
What Is SEO? How Does It Work? Myths, Mistakes, and 9 SEO Best Practices Business 2 Community
7 Basic SEO Best Practices You Can Learn from Huge Travel Brands Search Engine Journal
SEO Keyword Research: 13 of the Biggest Mistakes You MUST Avoid Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? Quick Guide to Search Engine Optimization Business 2 Community
7 SEO best practices you should be doing regardless of what Google says Search Engine Land
Google Explains How to Use Headings for SEO Search Engine Journal
LSI and Link Popularity
When Paypal's official Web site no longer ranked #1 in Google on a search for "paypal," it was obvious that Google had become more aggressive in penalizing sites with "unnatural" backlink anchor text. Although the high-profile Paypal example has since been rectified, thousands of webmasters are suffering the consequences of not ranking for even their official company name, let alone their top keywords.
How to REALLY Profit from SEO
I want to give you a few more things to think about as you excel and grow in the craft of search engine marketing. If you are anything like me, you were hooked the first time you really made a difference to someone else's success.
Learn about the Google Search Engine Tools
Think you know everything about searching with Google? Think again. Believe it or not, there are many tools and features available on Google that can be useful for marketing research as well as wasting time.
7 Steps to Highly Relevant, Search Engine Friendly, and People Useful Web Site Content
The task is to build a Content Rich Search Friendly and People Friendly Web Site Quickly. These 7 Steps will show you how with about 10 Hours work you can build over 50 pages of rich, Search Engine relevant content for your web SiteStep 1 - What is Your Web Site's Main ThemeThis is a Fairly easy step.
The Write to Link Popularity
Incorporating writing as a means of boosting your link popularity can be a turnoff for many webmasters, when in fact it can lead to a wealth of links.I first learnt about link popularity while researching about many different methods that I could use to market a Geocities site I had.
What is Your Sales Message?
So you built a website, you have a product, but it's not selling. What's your sales message? Does your site scream out to potential customers "BUY ME!!" or does it simply say "Hi, we're here, we have a product, if you want one.
Reciprocal Linking Scams, What to Look for and How to Avoid Them
Reciprocal linking scams have increased immensely during the past year. Initially we thought that this problem only related to gambling and casino related websites but an audit of our commercial link partners suggests that it is a serious problem within the broader online community.
Get Listed in Google Without Submitting Your Site
With Google delivering so much traffic, it is only normal to be eager to submit your page and have it indexed as soon as possible. However, submitting your page is not your only option, and it's not the best one.
SEO - Are You Making The Search Engines Mad?
If you've been involved in SEO (search engine optimization) for a while, you may remember the time when you could create a web page and get it ranked at the top of any search engine with little effort.All you had to do was load up the page with the keywords you wanted to rank high for, make sure your meta tags were stuffed with those same keywords, submit the page and within a few days or weeks you've captured a top 20 or even top 10 result.
SEO = Search Engine Optimization, tips on successful page ranking
One of the key things to remember when developing your web-site presence is to always evaluate your competition. See what's working for them; how they market their products and services, and even evaluate their KEYWORD and DISCRIPTION tags.
Click Click Boom: a Linking Strategy that will Blow Away Your Competition
Web marketers, do you hear what I hear?"Click-click BOOM"That's the sound of your new linking strategy that's going to positively blow your competition clear out of the water.Click-click BOOM.
Submitting to the Search Engines and WebCrawlers
When you want your brand new site to be indexed into major search engines, you usually go to their free submit page and submit your website, correct? Seems like the right thing to do, right?Well, many people fail to realize that not submitting your site is usually better than actually submitting it.Let, me explain.
SEO (search engine optimization) is a booming businees these days. Everyone wants to obtain top rankings in google, yahoo, and msn.
Google, Yahoo!, Pandoras Box And The Lottery
In the fall of 1990, the musical group Snap had a monster number one hit record called, "I've Got The Power."Nowadays, a search engine and a directory (AKA) Google and Yahoo!--number one and number two respectively, have "the power," and we handed it to them on a silver platter.
SEO Training - Avoid Making this Costly Mistake!
SEO training can be overwhelming. There are literally hundreds of factors that go into search engine ranking on today's major search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN.
Every Search Engine Robot Needs Validation
Your website is ready. Your content is in place, you have optimized your pages.
Submit All Of Your Pages And Watch Your Traffic Grow
Everyone is looking for "secrets" about how to get more qualified traffic to their web sites. What I'm going to share with you is no secret, however it is not practiced by very many companies or individuals.
SEO Tips - Google Has Changed - Learn Why And What To Do
Google now checks the year your domain name was first registered.This just makes sense.
Blogging, Spamming, and Blog Spam
Email marketing once proved to be immensely effective, but the greedy and idiotic polluted the well by spamming the planet with everything from weight-loss products to sexual enhancement drugs and beyond. Because of the stench, filters and laws have been created to attempt to fix the problem, but still the Internet is polluted with more and more junk each day.
A Play In The Sandbox Is Necessary
There has been a good deal written about the Google 'sandbox' effect, as it's known. It has been taking up a lot of forum and article space over the last few months.
|home | site map|