Beginners - Getting Listed In Search Engines
Once you have your web site complete and ready to be listed you need to take a slow step by step approach to get listed in the search engines. If you do it right the first time and then build on that formula, your profits and your site will benefit in the long run. Those willing to spend the time and put these techniques into practice are the ones that will benefit and are more likely to be successful.
1. Your first page is where search engines will start and making sure that this page is fully optimized is one of your first goals. What's optimization your ask? It's making your site as search engine friendly as possible. You will also see people refer to this in the short form of SEO.
Your first step is the TITLE TAG. This is one item that search engines look for to start getting information about what your site is about. It is also what search engines will show above a clickable line on their results page. It is also a major consideration of where you will rank when certain inquiries are made of the search engine. TITLE TAGS are one of the major things to concentrate on and to make sure that you get it right. Doing so will result in not only better placement in the search engine, but enticing descriptions will also result in more people clicking on your link and visiting your site.
Take a look at what your competition is doing in order to get some ideas for your site. To see their TITLE TAG go to their web site and in IE or Netscape click on View then Source and you will be able to see their TITLE TAG. Don't copy theirs, but let this help you get some ideas for your own site.
2. Putting keyword phrases into your pages - Finding the perfect set of keywords for your web pages and knowing the right keywords to use is very important because your site should provide people with what they are looking for. A free program to help you can be found at: http://www.goodkeywords.com Good Keywords makes use of various tools provided by search engines like Yahoo, Google, Teoma and other services like Alexa. Using Good Keywords makes it all very simple, fast and straight forward. Just remember...don't over do it or you will be penalized.
3. Writing your web page copy - Your next step is to incorporate those keywords into the copy on your web site. This is extremely important as search engines need to see these keywords on your page so they can then analyze these words and decide where your site should be listed in their categories. Write your content around the keywords and use them as many times as possible, keeping in mind though...that it is not just a search engine that is reading the copy but also your visitor.
4. META TAGS - Meta tags provide search engines with information about the content and purpose of a Web site. A Web site that uses meta tags to the best of their ability will appear more often in search results and will also be seen closer to the top on those search results. Many people feel that stuffing keywords into the meta tags will help improve their rankings. The original idea behind meta tags was to give a way to classify the web site. The problem now is that many engines don't consider meta tags to be as relevant to the ranking, therefore they give them less weight overall because of the keyword stuffing techniques used. That's not to say that you still shouldn't use meta tags, just consider to use them for what they were originally intended - that is to give your site an accurate title and description with a few keywords (3 or 4 phrases max) outlining what the page, or site is about.
5. ALT TAGS - The ALT tag or 'alternative text' is an attribute of the IMG tag. (Any graphic on your web site) An ALT tag should be included for every image within your web site. The ALT tag provides an alternate message to your viewers who can't see your graphics. Without ALT tags, images on a web site are meaningless to these users. If you will be using a graphic menu systems for navigation, these alternate messages are an especially important aid to users without the ability to see your graphics. Adding an appropriate ALT tag to every image within your web site will make a huge difference to the accessibility of your web site. Also, for those who use Yahoo and Google image searches, your ALT Tags can be very important and will help bring traffic to your site. Take for instance one of my sites - http://www.spasoftheworld.com I have loads of graphics of different resort spas and the graphics all carry the name of the resort. People looking for information on this resort may easily end up at my website because I names a picture with the name of the resort.
On the reverse side, ALT TAG stuffing, which is using the tags in an image to hide keywords will rarely help a site's position. If you can insert a key phrase into the image description then by all means do so. Remember that Alt tags do usually count towards your overall keyword density so it's better to have relevant keyword alt tags rather than something like "image01.gif".
6. Linking - with more search engines coming online every day, search engines are looking for ways to serve quality links to visitors. This is where linking to other sites and having them link to you becomes important to both you and the search engine. People who assume that the more inbound links to them will help them, are very wrong. This may have been true at one time but not today. Search engines need to give quality results. One way they have of rating your site is by the quality of inbound links to your site. Therefore sites that are closely related to your site and that link to you will help boost your popularity in search engines. With Google this is a huge issue in how you rank with them. Having a hundred links from all sorts of site may result in hurting your ranking and you may be viewed as a link farm.
7. Spiders - A search engine is a database that has been put together by spiders. Spiders scour the Internet going through pages and recording information available on web pages. Spiders then give the information to the database and the database feeds the results. Theoretically, the web site should show up in the search results the next time the engine updates. It is important that all links on your site be active. A dead link may prevent a spider from doing your entire site.
8. Robots Text file - Search engines will look in your root domain for a special file named "robots.txt" (http://www.mydomain.com/robots.txt). The file tells the robot (spider) which files it may spider (download). This system is called, The Robots Exclusion Standard.
9. FLASH - This has to be one of the top mistakes a web site owner can do to hurt their search engine rangkings. Good content will win over flash every time and getting visitors to your site is what you are trying to accomplish. The only thing the search engines will be able to see when visiting a site where the first page is all flash are the title tags and links. In most cases that will not be enough. Over and over it's content rich pages that will get you the rankings you need. You may have to decide between getting a high ranking or having a "pretty" entry page. Remember that you goal is customers and sales. It might be kewl the first time you visit the site but when you have to go there over and over again it becomes very annoying not to mention that people on dialup must cringe when faced with such a page. They often give up because of the length of time it takes to load.
10. Don't expect results overnight. It takes time to get your ranking up there, even with paid inclusion. You may start out with a low ranking when you are first listed but as you continue to optimize your site and build "relevant" links you will start to see a gradual climb. As you wait for your rise to the top, concentrate on building as many relevant links as possible. Beside increasing your ranking you will be surprised at the number of referrals that you will received from those linked pages.
Jean Sutherland has successfully run her own ezine for over 6 years and has a subscriber base of 35,000. Her ezine is geared to people doing business online and beside offering free software, it also provides traffic & marketing tips, informative business articles, free ebooks and computer tips for those trying to work online. http://www.emailpromotions.net
4 Ways SEO can Lead Business Growth During the COVID-19 Pandemic Business 2 Community
SEO: What makes a good link? – Econsultancy Econsultancy
SEO How-to, Part 1: Why Use It? Practical Ecommerce
Animal Essentials Chooses 1Digital for Their SEO | State Daily American Online
Video: Sarah Teach on conscious capitalism in SEO Search Engine Land
3 Things That Can Help or Hurt Your Website's SEO Business 2 Community
Why SEO is More Important than Ever BOSS Magazine
MASTERCLASS: How to increase business awareness via SEO Access and Mobility Professional
Paving the Path Forward with SEO: Preparing for New Normalities Search Engine Journal
SEO Tools Aren't Enough for Success Search Engine Journal
SEO, Content, and Email Work Better Combined Practical Ecommerce
Blogging for Shopify: A unique SEO approach Search Engine Land
What Will Post-Pandemic SEO Agencies Look Like? Search Engine Journal
COVID Lessons: As America Reopens, Banking Needs to Rethink SEO The Financial Brand
6 Simple Principles of Website SEO Promotion in 2020 Business 2 Community
For better SEO, don’t put all your eggs in the SEO basket Search Engine Land
How to Use GitHub for Enterprise SEO Search Engine Journal
HOW TO: Learn the basics of SEO Boutique Hotelier
John Mueller on Negative SEO and Ranking Problems Search Engine Journal
Don’t try to reinvent the SEO wheel, says Google’s Martin Splitt Search Engine Land
5 Ecommerce SEO Tips to Improve Organic Performance Search Engine Journal
7 Tips to Find Great Ideas for SEO Business Content JumpFly PPC Advertising News
How to Win at SEO & PPC (and Save Money Doing It) with Octoboard Search Engine Journal
Changing the Game with R&D in Technical SEO Search Engine Journal
A/B & Multivariate Testing for SEO: How to Do It the Right Way Search Engine Journal
Technical SEO, Thinking Like a Robot & More with Jamie Alberico [PODCAST] Search Engine Journal
These 4 SEO and Website Grader Tools Can Improve Visibility Business 2 Community
Video: Limor Barenholtz on how SEO has changed over the years Search Engine Land
SEO: Coronavirus: dairy farmers could benefit from £10k boost FoodManufacture.co.uk
A Practical Introduction to Machine Learning for SEO Professionals Search Engine Journal
EAT Your Way to Better SEO Business 2 Community
SEJ eSummit: Join Us TODAY for 10 Hours of SEO, PPC, Social & Content Marketing - Search Engine Journal
SEJ eSummit: Join Us TODAY for 10 Hours of SEO, PPC, Social & Content Marketing Search Engine Journal
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market From 2020-2024: Growth Analysis by Manufacturers like Ahrefs, Google, SEMRush, KWFinder, MOZ, etc - Cole of Duty
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tools Market From 2020-2024: Growth Analysis by Manufacturers like Ahrefs, Google, SEMRush, KWFinder, MOZ, etc Cole of Duty
How to Use Personality Profiling in an SEO Agency Search Engine Journal
Amazon SEO in 2020 Jungle Scout
Importance of SEO for Small Businesses YourStory
Godwin Digital Comes To The Forefront With SEO Services To Help Small Businesses Leverage The New Digital World - Press Release - Digital Journal
Godwin Digital Comes To The Forefront With SEO Services To Help Small Businesses Leverage The New Digital World - Press Release Digital Journal
The Week In Search & SEO Ending May 15, 2020 Beanstalk Internet Marketing
The Top Digital Marketing Companies in California, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas and NYC, According to Digital Marketing Agency Rating Platform - Benzinga
The Top Digital Marketing Companies in California, Boston, Atlanta, Dallas and NYC, According to Digital Marketing Agency Rating Platform Benzinga
Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Key Players WordStream(US), Moz(US), SEO Book(Greece), LinkResearchTools(Austria), SpyFu(US), etc - Cole of Duty
Global Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market with Covid-19 Effect Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Key Players WordStream(US), Moz(US), SEO Book(Greece), LinkResearchTools(Austria), SpyFu(US), etc Cole of Duty
Local SEO Services for SME's – Help Minimise the Impact of Covid-19 - Press Release - Digital Journal
SEO Software Market Status and Outlook 2020 to 2021: BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext, WordStream - Cole of Duty
SEO Software Market Status and Outlook 2020 to 2021: BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext, WordStream Cole of Duty
SEO Software Market Foreseen 2027 Feature Scenario – Ahrefs Pte. Ltd., BrightEdge, Conductor, HubSpot, Inc., Moz, Inc., SE Ranking Limited, SEMrush, Serpstat, SpyFu, Inc., Wix.Com - Jewish Life News
SEO Software Market Foreseen 2027 Feature Scenario – Ahrefs Pte. Ltd., BrightEdge, Conductor, HubSpot, Inc., Moz, Inc., SE Ranking Limited, SEMrush, Serpstat, SpyFu, Inc., Wix.Com Jewish Life News
Watch: Seo Ye Ji Tells An Eerie Story And Gets Up Close With Kim Soo Hyun In “It's Okay To Not Be Okay” Teaser - soompi
Watch: Seo Ye Ji Tells An Eerie Story And Gets Up Close With Kim Soo Hyun In “It's Okay To Not Be Okay” Teaser soompi
SEO News: Google Page Experience Update, Local Ranking Bug Internet Marketing News
Kim Soo Hyun And Seo Ye Ji Have A Captivating First Encounter In Upcoming tvN Drama “It's Okay To Not Be Okay” - soompi
Kim Soo Hyun And Seo Ye Ji Have A Captivating First Encounter In Upcoming tvN Drama “It's Okay To Not Be Okay” soompi
Google Explains How Author Pages May Help Search Engine Journal
SEO: Back To Basics Forbes
Boston SEO Company WhaTech
The 10 Commandments Of SEO Forbes
Korean drama 'It's Okay Not To Be Okay' starring Seo Ye Ji and Kim Soo Hyun drops teaser video - GMA News
Korean drama 'It's Okay Not To Be Okay' starring Seo Ye Ji and Kim Soo Hyun drops teaser video GMA News
Sunyoung Seo, Patricia Petibonm, Natalie Dessay & Jakub Józef Orliński Star in Opéra de Dijon's 2020-21 Season - OperaWire
Sunyoung Seo, Patricia Petibonm, Natalie Dessay & Jakub Józef Orliński Star in Opéra de Dijon's 2020-21 Season OperaWire
Online Plagiarism Checker Free Seo Tools Promotion World
10 SEO Tips to Implement in 2020 SmarterCX
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020-2027 Covid-19 Impact on Major Companies – Website Rocket, SE Ranking, WordStream, Linkody, Moz Pro, etc. - Cole of Duty
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Software Market 2020-2027 Covid-19 Impact on Major Companies – Website Rocket, SE Ranking, WordStream, Linkody, Moz Pro, etc. Cole of Duty
Design: Making SEO Look Good Forbes
Secrets That Make SEO Work Best 04/13/2020 MediaPost Communications
SEO in 2020: What Basics You Need to Know to Be Successful Search Engine Journal
Ecommerce SEO Checklist for 2020: Tips, Techniques, Ranking Factors Business 2 Community
SEO Software market 2020 Global analysis, opportunities and forecast to 2024 | By Top Leading Vendors like BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext, WordStream, G2 Crowd, Moz, and More… - 3rd Watch News
SEO Software market 2020 Global analysis, opportunities and forecast to 2024 | By Top Leading Vendors like BrightEdge, Conductor, Linkdex, SpyFu, Yext, WordStream, G2 Crowd, Moz, and More… 3rd Watch News
SEO in 2020: Going Beyond Google Search Engine Journal
What is SEO? businessjournaldaily.com
What Does It Mean to 'Do SEO'? Search Engine Journal
List of Top SEO Companies in India YourStory
Press Releases Can Increase Search Engine Positioning
When you write a press release, what is your ultimate goal? No doubt, getting the information to as many publications and on as many Web sites as possible. The focus lies in moving outward? taking the press release to as many *other* sources as possible.
The Secret To Getting Indexed In Yahoo
Getting indexed in Yahoo has become very difficult in the last few months. The indexing robot, Yahoo!Slurp, has become erratic.
What Makes The Perfect SEO Firm?
SEO companies come in all shapes and sizes. You've got your solo SEOs that either a) do everything themselves and/or b) sub-contract out many aspects of each campaign while maintaining a tight control on the quality and results of the project.
How to Improve Your Search Engine Rankings
When people think of search engine optimization, they immediately think of time consuming very tedious tasks that are way beyond their capabilities. That might be true if they put no time and effort into it.
Search Engine Optimization: Who Do You Trust?
Internet search engines exist to organize the seemingly immeasurable amount of information available on the web. They direct people to pages that are relevant to their searches, pages that discuss the exact keywords they are looking for.
How to Use the Google Patent to Get More Traffic
According to the recent release of the Google Patent Application, many of the things you're doing to get better page rank and increase your position in natural search are about to be history. It's frightening how much things are going to change.
You Cannot Hide From the Public Record Search Engines
As a search engine optimization specialist, I often run across search engines of different sorts than most people are aware of. This week I stumbled across a free site that is used by journalists to do background checks and fact checking on sources of news stories.
Hiring An SEO Constultant - 10 Reasons Why You Should
It crosses every webmaster's mind anytime they see an ad or an email for search engine marketing. Many small business owners wonder what they're missing by not doing it.
Google PageRank Explained
PageRank - an exclusive technology developed by Google which can have a major impact on the success of your website. This article will attempt to explain the concept of PageRank and how your ranking can be improved without spending any money at all.
The Long And Short Of It Is That These Two Sales Techniques Are The Same
With the Internet beginning to stand up and be counted as an online business medium, many are beginning to realize that selling online is not only possible, but very profitable. People are seeking ways to improve their sales technique online and close on more of their website visitors.
Importance of Keywords in Anchor Text or Title Text
Keywords are indisputably, the single most important element of an anchor text.First of all, for those who are still learning the ropes let us define an anchor text.
Submit All Of Your Pages And Watch Your Traffic Grow
Everyone is looking for "secrets" about how to get more qualified traffic to their web sites. What I'm going to share with you is no secret, however it is not practiced by very many companies or individuals.
LSI and Link Popularity
When Paypal's official Web site no longer ranked #1 in Google on a search for "paypal," it was obvious that Google had become more aggressive in penalizing sites with "unnatural" backlink anchor text. Although the high-profile Paypal example has since been rectified, thousands of webmasters are suffering the consequences of not ranking for even their official company name, let alone their top keywords.
Google Is Taking Descriptions From Alexa!
In a recent study looking at the "descriptions" of website search engine listings, we have noticed that your main SERP listing is being manipulated by Alexa.com.
Site Maps: Let Search Engines Find Your Pages
With 40 million websites in existence, and more than 3 billion web pages indexed by Google at the time of this writing (July 2003), it's no wonder that more and more people are relying on search engines to find their way through the unruly world that the web has become.Nowadays, it is crucial to get your pages indexed by the most important search engines.
SEO Made Easy!
Search engine optimization remains a minefield of old advice, outdated ideas and outright dangerous techniques that can get you banned. Here's the main points to great search engine optimization.
How To Indirectly Get To The Top Of Search Engines
There are millions of web sites trying to get listed in the top 20 spots of the major search engines. That amounts to a lot of competition! Even if your website can't get in the Top 20, you can use indirect ways to get it there.
Now More Than Ever...You Need To Optimize Your Site for Search Engines
As the economy begins to recover in certain parts of the world, more and more online marketers are looking for affordable ways to drive qualified traffic to their sites. That's why, now more than ever, you need to optimize your site for the search engines.
13 Tips For Good Search Engine Placements
When used properly in combination with other basic search engine tactics, these tips can help to dramatically improve your placement with the search engines and increase the traffic to your web site.1.
How Search Engines Work
Before anyone can start optimizing a web site, you must understand how search engines work.Search engine optimization is the hardest thing to do for a webmaster because there are so many rules to it and you have to stay up to date with all the new search engine optimization techniques.
|home | site map|