SEO #2: On-page Optimization
Yesterday you should have read the first course out of 6 courses that will help you get a TOP rank in the search engines and get EXPLOSIVE LASER TARGETED TRAFFIC for Free. Today we move on to course #2 and study on-page optimization. Please read today's course very carefully and take some time to test what I'm about to tell you on your own webpage. Alright let's start!
1) Now we have selected the keywords that we want to optimize for. If you remember from yesterday, the keywords we selected were yo mama joke, blonde joke, and joke online prank.
2) The first part of optimizing your website is to pay close attention to the title on your webpage. The title which appears at the top of the internet explorer page is essential to ranking well in search engines. You must choose a title that contains the MAIN keywords that you want to optimize for. Here is a list of possible titles and which one works BEST.
A. Welcome to our website! (This title doesn't contain any of the main keywords and is the worst thing you can put. DO NOT use this!)
B. yo mama joke blonde joke and joke online prank (Although this title contains the keywords it contains too much words and makes no sense to the visitors. DO NOT use this!)
C. Yo Mama Joke | Blonde Joke Online (As you can see there are less words and I have replaced one of the "ands" with a "|". I have also combined words. This keyword rich and understandable title is what you SHOULD USE!)
3) The second step in on-page optimization is making sure you have meta-tags on your page. The description part of your meta-tags are used by google so make sure to include a good description of your website and throw in the MAIN keywords that you want to optimize for. Here's an example description:
"A website bringing you lots of jokes including yo mama joke, blonde joke, joke online prank, and more."
If you want a free meta-tag generator then visit: http://www.htmlbasix.com/meta.shtml
4) The third step is the BODY of your webpage; if your webpage has a good keyword density then you will rank well. Keyword density is the number of times a keyword is used in your page. Let's say your webpage has 500 words and you use the keyword "yo mama joke" 25 times then you have a keyword density of 5%. A keyword density of 5-10% is good. So you should try to throw in your MAIN keyword a few times every now and then BUT make sure it makes sense because people will be visiting your website!
5) Now there are many other factors that will help you to rank well in search engines. These factors are < h1 > header tags, < h2 > header tags, Bolding, italicizing, underlining, and < alt > image tags. If you include your keyword in a < h1 > tag then you will tell the search engines that this keyword is important and you will boost the strength of that specific keyword. Using the keyword in < h2 > tags and bolding, italicizing, etc will also give the keyword strength.
Last tip for the day is that search engines read pages from the top left hand side of the page to the bottom right hand side of the page. So make sure that your MAIN keywords are at the top of the page as well as at the bottom.
Tomorrow I will teach you to Get Listed In Google in Under 24-Hours! This will be an exciting day for you I promise!
If you would like to contact me anytime and either complain (why would you!) or give me your testimonial then feel free to do so anytime. I'm there if you need any more help also.
A Simple 4 Step Approach To Have Google Crawl Your Site Today Guaranteed!
Extra, Extra Google Now Gives you feedback. By Creating a Google Sitemap using free online tools you can get Google to crawl your site within 24 Hours.
How to Succeed with the Search Engines
The Cold Hard Facts?..
The Budget Webmaster's 6 Step Guide to Improving Existing Rankings in Google
The Budget Webmaster's 6 Step Guide to Improving Existing Rankings in GoogleYou know the scenario. You get an occasional click from Google for a certain keyword.
London Bombings and Number Patterns
Firstly, let me say that I am sure all our thoughts went out to the victims, their families and friends of these bombings, and other incidents where innocent people lose their lives. Secondly, an SEO ezine is not the place to debate the rights and wrongs of such events.
Search Engine Traffic Myths, Time Wasters, and Pitfalls
Everyone wants to increase their rankings with the search engines and because of this there is a ton of information available on how to go about it. Unfortunately, while some of this information is real, there is just as much or more information that is outdated, wrong, and a complete waste of time, money and energy on your part.
MLM and SEO - Bad Business! No Business!
MLM has been around way before the Internet. It is a few steps above a chain letter.
Website Submission - What You May Not Know About Search Engine Indexing
Getting your website listed in the search engines is relatively easy if you submit it, but even if you don't you can still get your website indexed by the larger search engines by following a few simple tips. The reason for this is the search engines spiders search the web on a daily basis looking for new websites to index, old ones that are no longer valid, and the like.
Creating Search Engine Friendly Web Sites
With tons of competition and copycats online, you need a trustworthy search engine expert to help you tackle the competition and outdo your competitors in internet sales. There are many ways to go about killing the competition online and as long as it is honest work by your search engine guy, your web site will reap profits from it.
Without Conversion Rates You Don’t Know If You’re Mickey Mouse Or Mickey Mantle
I couldn’t agree more with the headline of this article and it’s one I’m afraid I can’t take credit for. I found this line in Paco Underhill’s book, Why We Buy – The Science Of Shopping, and found myself comparing many of the things he has measured in the retail world to the tests I’ve done with online, visitor-based activity.
Link Building - The Waiting Game
Link building is a waiting game. Many clients have asked me why they do not see changes in traffic or ranking before a month goes by.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Fix Your OffPage!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is something you should be aware of before creating a site. Make sure you've done careful researches on the best keywords to use.
The Search Engine Showdown
If you're anything like me, you have a favourite search engine and you're loyal to it. You never use any others (which made this research difficult for yours truly), insist yours is the be-all and end-all and you even go so far as to deny any shortcomings it may have.
What To Look For When Shopping For A SEO Specialist
When, shopping for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) company/specialist you need to be aware of a few things.If someone offers you fast results they may be pulling your leg.
Ranked #1 at Google for Invisible Entrepreneurs But No Traffic?
I am ranked #1 for that silly phrase at Google. So What?Here's a secret.
Do the Robot!
Everyone should realize that the search engines (sponsored ads aside)are not tools for advertisement, they are meant to be tools for everday web users. Users who search the web are looking for information, thats it.
Google, Yahoo!, Pandoras Box And The Lottery
In the fall of 1990, the musical group Snap had a monster number one hit record called, "I've Got The Power."Nowadays, a search engine and a directory (AKA) Google and Yahoo!--number one and number two respectively, have "the power," and we handed it to them on a silver platter.
Top 10 Little Used SEO Strategies
There are millions of web sites trying to get listed in the top 20 to 30 spots on the major search engines. That's a lot of competition! So if you're having a hard time getting those spots, maybe you should try some little used but effective seo strategies to get those prized listings.
Googles Next Big Move
November 2003 might go down in history as the month that Google shook a lot of smug webmasters and search engine optimization (SEO) specialists from the apple tree. But more than likely, it was just a precursor of the BIG shakeup to come.
Table Structures For Top Search Engine Positioning
So you have a beautiful website that you paid a pretty penny for and you are completely happy with it ? except no one can find it. Many web designers do not understand search engine positioning, so when they design your website little or no thought is given to the elements of design that may affect your rankings on search engines.
Google Traffic Report Card-Does Your Website Pass? Part 1
This is part 1 of a 7 part series that examines the 7 factors of incoming links that Google considers when choosing a spot for your website in it's SERP's.Why incoming links? First because these are what Google places the highest value on.
|home | site map|